• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    It's OK, he has 26 years of experience speeding.

I have more. You take your chances and deal with it when you get caught. I'd say the percentage of MDS members that speed when they drive is somewhere around 100%. 27 over, we've all been there, some more frequently than others. Anyone doing the speed limit on a highway that isn't congested is likely getting passed by everyone else and that's one of the things that creates unsafe situations. For the record, his "7-9 over" is probably the safest "speeding" to do and it's generally where I like to be as well. :thumbsup:

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I have more. You take your chances and deal with it when you get caught. I'd say the percentage of MDS members that speed when they drive is somewhere around 100%. 27 over, we've all been there, some more frequently than others. Anyone doing the speed limit on a highway that isn't congested is likely getting passed by everyone else and that's one of the things that creates unsafe situations. For the record, his "7-9 over" is probably the safest "speeding" to do and it's generally where I like to be as well. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I neglected to put the sarcasm emoji in my post. Going back for edit 2 now

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Actually I'm not. I'll do 7-9 over and stay out of the fast lane except to pass.

What I am though is a truck driver with 26 yrs of experience and over 2 million miles with no accidents or moving violations.
    Sounds reasonable.

Truck question:

Why does one truck pass another going up a hill only going 2mph faster, clogging two lanes? Both are going at or below the speed limit, and cars behind are impeded.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Find a lawyer who practices in the locality where the ticket was issued. Play the game.

It's a courtesy to the locals, and the judge will notice.

jjjefferson

Aug 22, 2011
    Laurel, MD
    LOL...it is so obvious that most here have never been to a VA Traffic Court. 1: Reschedule until the cop doesn't show and then get off. Ummmmm...no. You will just get rescheduled to come back when the cop can make it. 2: PBJ....in VA...that stands for Peanut Butter and Jelly....there isn't any PBJ there. 3: They used the wrong words on the ticket!!! You will get off. Annnnndddd that's a no too. Wrong color of car....wrong type of vehicle...it does NOT matter.

VA is going to get their money. Bottom line. On the day of your court date....there will be lawyers patrolling the hallway and courtrooms looking for YOU! They get a list of all those who are in for over 20mph. They will say something like...for $500 I can get that reduced to a 19mph, fine and court costs. So bring cash.

This IS the way it works folks. The best defense is the uninsured, unlicensed, migrant worker who cannot speak English and needs a translator. EVERY one of them were let off with a stern warning and told to not drive until they have a license/insurance. My advice, dress poor. If they think you should have money....you gonna get hammered. I made 4 trips to VA Traffic court because the rent-a-cop Dulles Airport Patrol got hit and was on "medical leave". Each time.....reschedule....Finally at number 4 the Judge listened when I objected that it was a financial hardship to lose half a day of work 4 times for something the court should have known to reschedule. Yup...they gave me "a break" at a $250 fine and $250 in court "fees".

That is VA Traffic Court. Totally different than Maryland.

DoctorK

Dec 28, 2016
    Attorney for VA speeding

That happened to me recently, driving 70 in a 35mph zone outside Winchester VA. It’s considered “reckless driving” not speeding. You can go to jail AND lose your license AND pay a hefty fine (don’t believe? me just ask Jayson Wirth!).

I got a great lawyer, got my speedometer calibrated, took 2 driving courses, did community service and paid a 200$ fine. I ended up with a 14 mph speeding ticket and 2 points on my license which never showed up on my MD driving record. All in it cost me close to 2.5k$ but it was worth every penny.

Lawyers name is Andi Geloo. She is the best.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom