• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I just saw the CCW insurance thread and I started thinking about who I would call in the event that I had to protect myself, or really, for any other reason that I may need a criminal law attorney/lawyer.

I really don't know any criminal law lawyers. How does this work if you need one? Do you meet/talk with them "pre-need"? Or, do you just call out of the blue when you are already in a jam?

For now, I've got a list of attorneys from USCCA but I do not know any of these firms. Calling them in an emergency would be crap shoot at best.

I live in Baltimore County.

Any advice or referrals you can give would be helpful.

Thanks!

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I just saw the CCW insurance thread and I started thinking about who I would call in the event that I had to protect myself, or really, for any other reason that I may need a criminal law attorney/lawyer.

I really don't know any criminal law lawyers. How does this work if you need one? Do you meet/talk with them "pre-need"? Or, do you just call out of the blue when you are already in a jam?

For now, I've got a list of attorneys from USCCA but I do not know any of these firms. Calling them in an emergency would be crap shoot at best.

I live in Baltimore County.

Any advice or referrals you can give would be helpful.

Thanks!

If you have the insurance through USCCA or one of the others you generally have a contact card to reach out that connects you with a network attorney. Always good to have plans in advance for legal needs, a family attorney for example who in specialized circumstances can provide referral can be helpful also.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have USCCA and the last i looked one former member is on the list. I am sure the list changes from time to time. The guy is a stand-up guy. I think my monthly fee is 45.00 or so (not exact)

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Excellent question.
    Who would someone call if ever in that situation?

*****Generally, if you have this kind of insurance you should have been given a contact card of sorts that patches you in to their network of attorneys by calling a number.

Dunno if you can interview any before an incident but just having the insurance and some contact info at least gets the ball rolling by an organization that specializes in this sort of incident versus perhaps some random phone number you get off the interwebz, or a My Cousin Vinny type of attorney, etc..

Attachments

• vinny.jpg
      vinny.jpg
      78.1 KB · Views: 261

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    *****Generally, if you have this kind of insurance you should have been given a contact card of sorts that patches you in to their network of attorneys by calling a number.

Yes a 24/7 live response line is provided on a wallet sized card for convenience. Also not a bad idea to store as a phone contact…

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I’m not typing out the whole story again, but the attorney from USCCA I interacted with (cold called me at 11pm for a “consult” - because he didn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground - was a joke).

Find a local attorney that does criminal defense and knows 2A law, meet them and make sure your personalities and the like fit, and don’t worry about it. USCCA gives you something 99.92% of Marylandistan residents have already: *a* free criminal defense attorney. To say YMMV is an understatement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom