• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1Shifter

Sep 9, 2013
    I apologize if this has been asked before, I did a quick search and came up blank. I'm interested in bidding on a firearm listed on GB from an individual who does not have an FFL and resides out-of-state.The gun is considered C/R. I don't want to jeapordize my license (which I just got in October) or do anything that puts the seller at risk.Assuming I were to win, could the rifle be shipped to me and treated as any other purchase? Bound Book etc...
    Thanks

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Yes, it's perfectly legal for them to ship it to you since you have an FFL. You will need their name, drivers license number, and DOB for your bound book since they don't have an FFL.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    Where are you guys coming up with this Driver's license business? And age? Of the seller? The ATF only calls for the Name and Address or Name and License Number of the seller. Why make it more complicated than it is?

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Where are you guys coming up with this Driver's license business? And age? Of the seller? The ATF only calls for the Name and Address or Name and License Number of the seller. Why make it more complicated than it is?

When I sell on the CMP sites, I send a copy of my Merryland driver's license and and a hand written bill of sale, to show to whom it may concern that the SN on that piece is being transferred out of my name.

Lew--Ranger63
    Unsafe, Merryland 20769

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont

You are correct, for receipt from a private individual (non FFL) you only need their name and address for your bound book. You don't need their name, address, dob, and DL or other ID # unless it is a disposition. However, if they are willing to provide a copy of their ID, I try to get it. That way if there is a problem (ie stolen firearm) down the road, I have something more then a name/address and an old auction listing for Five-O. That said, I don't always get a copy of their ID for my receipt records.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel

I was thinking of disposition. You are right that if you're receiving from a non FFL you only need DL number and name.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'm not likely to buy something from anyone not willing to give me good ID, and that info is going to stay with me as part of my records. It may not be part of a bound book entry, and it may not be required, but I'd do it just to cover my own butt if the firearm was stolen, used in a crime, etc. There's "required" and then there's "smart".

1Shifter

Sep 9, 2013
    Seller Agreed...

The seller agreed to provide a copy of his DL, didn't have a problem with it because that's what he does when he uses his local FFL. I think he's an experienced seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom