• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    We can only hope that the police actually had a good reason to confiscate his guns (i.e. he said something or did something that clearly made the police concerned). If there is one thing that has a chance of passing in SB281 without too much fuss, it's the mental health part. I just hope it and any other similiar legislation is written appropriately (i.e. innocent to proven guilty)

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Cops: WTF you doing here?

Guy: Just walking around. I was a student here a few years ago.

Cops: We'll have to call our commerades and see if we can arrest you for anything (ie: papers please!).

Guy: Um.....WTF

Cops: Holy shit, he has guns at home that he cannot access because we're detaining him!

Guy: Um yeah, I legally purchased...

Cops: you need a mental evaluation, no one should have guns at home!

TV: a deranged man posed a serious threat to students today. Police recovered 4 assault weapons with multi bullet clips!

Congrats on wasting my literacy

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    I don't know how one can "waste" a learned skill of another. I could waste your time, for instance, but I don't know how I could waste your literacy. At any rate, glad I could help!

Because I could by choice read something more meaningful, boy you had me fooled.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    After re-reading the article, I realized I missed the part where he was talking about being bullied and his previous military experience. I guess that's what happens when you are riled up about politics.

Anyhow, I owe you all an apology, especially iobidder.

After re-reading the article, I realized I missed the part where he was talking about being bullied and his previous military experience. I guess that's what happens when you are riled up about politics.

So saying I'm a combat veteran and have advanced infantry skills warrants a search warrant? still saying he was bullied and has military experience still only makes him guilty of misdemeanor trespassing? where does the local government and police get the justification for search and seizure from that? 4th amendment rights seem to be violated here. That being said, I didn't here the conversation he had with the police.

50bmg

Sep 24, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Bogus reasoning. If he is trespassing, then charge with him as such, but to then perform unreasonable (and illegal) search and seizure as part of his trespassing is ridiculous. He didn't have any of those firearms on his person or in his vehicle and showed no intent on using them at the school or otherwise. Ok, so the kid is trespassing, but misdemeanor trespassing is no grounds to search and seize his lawful possessions.

Really curious on the grounds for probable cause to lead to a search warrant.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    So saying I'm a combat veteran and have advanced infantry skills warrants a search warrant? still saying he was bullied and has military experience still only makes him guilty of misdemeanor trespassing? where does the local government and police get the justification for search and seizure from that? 4th amendment rights seem to be violated here. That being said, I didn't here the conversation he had with the police.

Neither did I and I still have doubts about the probable cause for the warrant that yielded nothing unlawful (yet they still took his guns). The article (biased nonetheless) did mention how he said he was bullied while at the school. He was also there for only 2 months.

I'm not justifying what the police did, nor what he did by not breaking any laws until he's proven guilty of trespass. My first statement was a little rash, so I just wanted to apologize.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    It will get merged or closed soon enough.

No apology needed, it is the internet, but thanks anyway :thumbsup:

You are missing the point, AACo Police or any Police agency will in light of everything take whatever precautions necessary. Being bullied or made an outcast, past traumatic experiences such as being bullied are prone to violence. This doesn't mean he will commit such an act, but the Police politically are taking NO chances and add to the mix combat / infantry experience actually does not help the situation, sorry but this is reality.

As for why they are not charging him with trespassing yet, well there are various reasons for that which I choose not speculate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom