• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    So I am sure this has been asked before but my buddy said I cannot use my new auto bolt in a semi build. He said when he did that is made him have cycling issues. Is this true? I just ordered a AIM surplus NIB BCG and bolt and I am worried it will not work.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Full Auto Carriers are ok in an AR15.

NiB is what I would be concerned about. I say send it back.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=196895

So Chad, what you're saying there is my new carbon fiber, titanium-tritium self-lubricating glow-in-the-dark bolt carrier group (now with Kung Fu Grip extractor) made by Cooter's Motorcycle Repair and Tow Company on a genuine Harbor Freight Drill Press is not the best choice for reliability?

C'mon man, I spent like three hundred dollars for this on the internet. Plus I got a free hat. You never get a free hat if it's not good. Everybody knows that.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So why would it cause his gun to cycle weird?

Im not following. Its not working?

If so my linked post explains possibilities.

So Chad, what you're saying there is my new carbon fiber, titanium-tritium self-lubricating glow-in-the-dark bolt carrier group (now with Kung Fu Grip extractor) made by Cooter's Motorcycle and Tow Company on a genuine Harbor Freight Drill Press is not the best choice for reliability?

C'mon man, I spent like three hundred dollars for this on the internet. Plus I got a free hat. You never get a free hat if it's not good. Everybody knows that.

The hat is so you can barf in it. If you use anything other than unicorn lube, and ONLY 1 microgram can be used it will jam. Excell unicorn lube will allow snd, pockety lint, cheeto dust, and meteorites to be attracted to the BCG and jam the gun.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Full Auto Carriers are ok in an AR15.

NiB is what I would be concerned about. I say send it back.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=196895

Chad, I have seen other complaints with some NIB Bolts being out of spec. Is it due to the coating process ? Would this also be a concern for the Chrome or EXO coatings ?

Thanks in advance

PS ...OP, sorry I didn't mean to Hi-Jack. I also have used FA BCG with no issues in my SA.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Im not following. Its not working?

If so my linked post explains possibilities.

The hat is so you can barf in it. If you use anything other than unicorn lube, and ONLY 1 microgram can be used it will jam. Excell unicorn lube will allow snd, pockety lint, cheeto dust, and meteorites to be attracted to the BCG and jam the gun.

Mine is the Gen 2. It's supposed to be immune to both Cheetoh dust and Dorito fragments. Cooter worked the problems out himself when he was at shop class for his GED.

I'll never understand why guys spend money on stuff designed by these fancypants people called "engineers" when you can get so much good gun construction knowledge from random people on the internet.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Chad, I have seen other complaints with some NIB Bolts being out of spec. Is it due to the coating process ? Would this also be a concern for the Chrome or EXO coatings ?

Thanks in advance

PS ...OP, sorry I didn't mean to Hi-Jack. I also have used FA BCG with no issues in my SA.

Yes, it can be an issue, but I dont see it nearly as much with them.

It tends to be not as much of an issue with Chrome Bolts from companies with good Quality Control such as Young MFG unless the barrel has very tight headspace dimensions. For match guns a standard phosphate bolt head is best. A Chrome Carrier is fine though.

You can fix short headspace by lapping, but it takes a person who is patient and well trained.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Mine is the Gen 2. It's supposed to be immune to both Cheetoh dust and Dorito fragments. Cooter worked the problems out himself when he was at shop class for his GED.

I'll never understand why guys spend money on stuff designed by these fancypants people called "engineers" when you can get so much good gun construction knowledge from random people on the internet.

Gen 2, phew. You had me worried.

Enginimeers? BAH!

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Yes, it can be an issue, but I dont see it nearly as much with them.

It tends to be not as much of an issue with Chrome Bolts from companies with good Quality Control such as Young MFG unless the barrel has very tight headspace dimensions. For match guns a standard phosphate bolt head is best. A Chrome Carrier is fine though.

You can fix short headspace by lapping, but it takes a person who is patient and well trained.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    So Chad, what you're saying there is my new carbon fiber, titanium-tritium self-lubricating glow-in-the-dark bolt carrier group (now with Kung Fu Grip extractor) made by Cooter's Motorcycle Repair and Tow Company on a genuine Harbor Freight Drill Press is not the best choice for reliability?

Is this not a legit question? Not sure why the ridiculous comment.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Gen 2, phew. You had me worried.

Enginimeers? BAH!

Yeah. You should also check out his common law wife's products on his site. She does alternative medicine. She doesn't have a formal degree or anything like that but has plenty of real-world knowledge. At the age of nine she was already her neighborhood champion in playing Operation. 27 games without setting the nose buzzer off once. That says more to me than any so-called "medical degree."

Right now she's developed a vaccine-free method to protect kids against polio by having them eat dandelions. The government is trying to shut her down but that's just because the big drug companies don't want word to get out and cut into their profits. The same big drug companies who manipulate public opinion by only ever talking about the bad side of polio whenever it comes up.

She has science on her side though. In all of the medical literature reviewed not a single case could be found of a kid who ate a pound of dandelions every day and also had polio. Sometimes the evidence is overwhelming. And not a single drug company representative has taken her up on her challenge for a debate over ham radio. They must all be afraid.

(They're also big Gary Johnson supporters by the way.)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Is this not a legit question? Not sure why the ridiculous comment.

I'm not mocking you. Chad and I share a common outlook on some things in the firearms industry and always kid like this. Sorry if it sounded like I was making fun of you or anyone in the thread.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Yeah. You should also check out his common law wife's products on his site. She does alternative medicine. She doesn't have a formal degree or anything like that but has plenty of real-world knowledge. At the age of nine she was already her neighborhood champion in playing Operation. 27 games without setting the nose buzzer off once. That says more to me than any so-called "medical degree."

Right now she's developed a vaccine-free method to protect kids against polio by having them eat dandelions. The government is trying to shut her down but that's just because the big drug companies don't want word to get out and cut into their profits. The same big drug companies who manipulate public opinion by only ever talking about the bad side of polio whenever it comes up.

She has science on her side though. In all of the medical literature reviewed not a single case could be found of a kid who ate a pound of dandelions every day and also had polio. Sometimes the evidence is overwhelming. And not a single drug company representative has taken her up on her challenge for a debate over ham radio. They must all be afraid.

(They're also big Gary Johnson supporters by the way.)
    :lol2::lol2::lol2:

I would like to subscribe to your Newsletter. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom