• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Today I set up a new drum in my auto drum powder dispenser on my Lee turret press. Using H110 for 50 AE. For some reason the dispenser kept getting stuck on the dispense stroke. A light tap with a mallet caused it to return forcefully, sending the adjusting key flying across the room ( already lost one :( ) After a few sticks I emptied the dispenser, removed the drum, but there was nothing binding the drum to the body. I could remove it easily. After completely emptying the dispenser and raising the powder die a bit it returned to service but still sticks occasionally.

1. Is is possible the powder is getting stuck in the drive gears jamming them up?
    2. SInce this is a very fine ball powder, there is a bit of leakage Is there a fix for that or something I just have to live with?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Honestly, I only had experience with H110 and a Lee Pro1000 (disk setup) - leakage seemed to be split between the powder and equipment used - I ultimately ended up doing hand throws with a dipper.

Hopefully someone else can chime in and help you out.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    H110/Win296 like you said is a very fine grained sperical. Probably the worst for leaks and binding up a measure. The Lee Auto drum has to be adjusted prefectly, too loose and it leaks, too tight and it binds, even then it has to kind of seat the moving parts together, and some graphite from the powder will help smooth it out. This is one application where a better measure makes a HUGE difference. I struggled with H110 through my Auto disk and Auto drum, but have 0 problems and nice consistent charges with my Hornady LNL measure, use it for magnum revolver loads and 300BO.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I do have an autodisk which I boxed up and put aside when the auto drum came out. It sounds like it has similar problems with leakage. If the sticking continues may pull it out and use it with the adjustable "disk"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom