• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    I'm an MD resident. I filed for a WV CCW Permit on 9/8 at Jefferson County Sheriff's and wondering how long it may take on average. Anyone care to guess? I think they told me it could take 30-60 days, but I could have sworn the few posts I've seen online say 2 to 3 weeks, so I'm trying to get an idea how much longer I may need to wait.

Thanks!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    It can take up to 45 days. Mine was approved in about a month (Berkeley County), IIRC. Applications are submitted in person and picked up the same (they take your photo, similar to PA).

Last edited:

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    It can take up to 45 days. Mine was approved in about a month (Berkeley County), IIRC. Applications are submitted in person and picked up the same (they take your photo, similar to PA).

Thanks! I guess it's just more waiting for me... Finally got approved for MD WCP... Still waiting on WV and FL CCW Permits and MD HQL.

Waiting sux!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Thanks! I guess it's just more waiting for me... Finally got approved for MD WCP... Still waiting on WV and FL CCW Permits and MD HQL.

Waiting sux!
    :thumbsup: Apply in PA if you want a quick turn around. IIRC, my PA license was approved in < 2 business days (Adams County).

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    The WV permit was created because residents were disappointed with no access to reciprocity. It was created as a benefit. I applied through Berkeley County (in Martinsburg). I was about 30 days from submission to notification of approval. They were a pleasure to deal with. Their final remark to me was "have a nice day." My reason for getting it was the extensive reciprocity list.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Florida is permitless now,you wasted money for nothing and West Virginia is constitutional carry.

Reciprocity... That's the reason I grabbed them. Originally I filed for FL to get DE. But being so far away, and having to mail my prints down had me thinking it might take longer than I wanted. Someone on Reddit said to get WV, which I never even thought of. They said it was actually better than AZ or FL and it would give me DE. And since I had a day off and I could do it in person, I made a drive from Ceciltucky to Jefferson Co, WV. Employees there were super friendly and and the form was like filling out a 4473. They took the form, a copy of my DL and MD WC/Range Cert. Oh, $100 cash. They only accept cash. Made me think it went into a beer fund. LOL. They said if I had already have my MD WC Permit, they could have just made a copy of it as my firearms training.

When I left, I stopped at Devil's Due Distillery too. Those folks there were awesome too! I asked if I could see their back operation and they took me on a personal tour. They pulled sample out of barrels and what not for me to try.

Great bunch of folks I ran into in WV that day!

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    He could have gotten Fla for the Reciprosity .
    I've got an app in with FL too. I think I might go for NJ after PA. I generally hang out in MD, PA, DE, VA and NJ... NJ looks like it's gonna be hell to get. It seems they're changing their requirements on a daily bases!

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    OMG.. Checked yesterday on my FL permit status and it was still saying to wait 30 days. I just checked now and it's now showing..

1695616103051.png

I might get my WV and FL permits about the same time!

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    welp looks like I best make a 2 day trip to WV to apply stay the night in Appalachia then head home the next day.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I've got an app in with FL too. I think I might go for NJ after PA. I generally hang out in MD, PA, DE, VA and NJ... NJ looks like it's gonna be hell to get. It seems they're changing their requirements on a daily bases!
    I also want to get a Utah CCW a lot of states recognize theirs and DE is one of them outside of MD, PA, WV I think that's all you really need if you stay between PA and VA missing DC.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    When I applied for my initial permit after moving to WV, I was approved in about a week. When I applied for renewal this year, I was approved in 25 days.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Did something change in the last 1-2 years. To my knowledge WV did not issue permits to non-residents (My reading of statues and website at the time), especially since they went constitutional carry.
    I can see the Berkley County website says $100 non-residents now, but the application still says that you affirm you are a bonafide resident of X count, WV.
    How did you fillout/affirm you are a WV resident?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom