• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I went to their Westminster branch and was told that although I have DD214 that MSPD requires that I qualify on the type of firearm I will be carrying. As far as I know this is not a requirement and have called MSPD, industry partners and other finger printing services who all say that exempt means exempt.

If Absolute Imvestigative Services had been honest with me and told me it was their requirement, then that is one thing. But knowingly saying MSPD requires it when in fact they don’t is not being entirely truthful.

There was no negative interaction, I just listened to what I was being told. Shared with them that this is the first I heard of this requirement and that I would have have to come back later to sign up. I then confirmed my suspicions and now I am sharing my experience. Everyone was curtious, kind and professional, just not entirely truthful.

It’s your choice if you want to go there, like I said…. My experience.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    There shouldn't be any requirement to get your fingerprints done. Not their business whether you meet the permit requirements or not.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    DD 214. Is an exemption. For others Maryland does ask what type of firearm is used to qualify. Revolver or semi-automatic. But I don’t see anywhere that concerns carry.
    It could be a that security guards or special police may have to carry same arms as qualified.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    There shouldn't be any requirement to get your fingerprints done. Not their business whether you meet the permit requirements or not.
    Exactly my point. If they said “we won’t finger print you unless you’ve taken one of our instructor led qualification courses” that’s one thing. But saying it is a requirement when it is not, is an entirely different business model. One I won’t invest in or recommend.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Maryland does ask what type of firearm is used to qualify. Revolver or semi-automatic. But I don’t see anywhere that concerns carry.
    It could be a that security guards or special police may have to carry same arms as qualified.

Could very well be and that would be valid. Unfortunately I was not asked if I was a security guard or special police.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Could very well be and that would be valid. Unfortunately I was not asked if I was a security guard or special police.

That would only apply if qualifying. Nothing to do with prints. I have used

Essential Support Services, LLC
    2028 Liberty Road, Suite 102
    Eldersburg, MD 21784

And Frederick County Sheriff. Appointment required.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster

Eldersburg, MD 21784

I called them and they were recommended by one of our MDS industry partners. I will be going there today, as an added bonus they also do passport style photos.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020

Eldersburg, MD 21784

Essential is good. They can get you Livescan prints and they do prints for other states. This includes FL.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Did they say NO to printing you? Or was it your decision to leave?
    I ask because I have used the one in Towson many times for printing and had no bad experience with them.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020

Eldersburg, MD 21784

Essential is good. They can get you Livescan prints and they do prints for other states. This includes FL.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Did they say NO to printing you? Or was it your decision to leave?
    I ask because I have used the one in Towson many times for printing and had no bad experience with them.
    I asked to be finger printed and was told I had to sign up for a class first. I said thank you and that I would have to come back.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I used abosolute for my hql and w&c and they just seem to think they know whats going on. They are connected with the place across the hall, so maybe its their way of trying to push customers to them. I got mine done the day the case dropped and they guy there told me I was just wasting my money on even trying.

Just go in, say yes, nod your head and get finger printed. Then forget everything they said as you walk out the door with the receipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom