• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Yeah it is. The very definition of gun control is controlling who owns guns.

If the position of this crowd is going to be that the right to keep and bear arms is completely unlimited with absolutely no qualification, then count me out. I'll work within organizations that can actually make a positive difference with respect to gun rights.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    If the position of this crowd is going to be that the right to keep and bear arms is completely unlimited with absolutely no qualification, then count me out. I'll work within organizations that can actually make a positive difference with respect to gun rights.

I'm pretty absolutist when it comes to rights. There better be a damn good reason for someone to have their rights denied. Keeping guns out of the hands of those making active threats, sure I'm ok with that. But I don't kid myself that it's not a form of gun control. It absolutely is. There's some forms of control that can be accepted and there's others that go to far

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    So we have to let schizoprehnics and bipolar people wreak havoc on society, screaming at people and themselves, and can't do anything until it's too late? No thanks.

You do understand that they have the same right to due process that you enjoy. They also have the right to self defense same as everyone else.

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    Just throwing this out there:

Heard a very interesting interview on the radio today with a psychiatrist who was saying that there is no such thing as an identifiable mental illness that predicts mass murder. There’s no test for it, no clear correlation between a specific mental illness and violent behavior.

Sounds like all the talk about screening for mental illness is just so much smoke - no real substance.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Oh, get over yourself. Even in the landmark "HELLER vs. DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA", the Scalia dicta (no puss hombre, he) stipulated no bazookas, etc.

As for "felon gun control" not being in the Constitution, get over yourself, 2.0.

Common Law dating back to the Magna Carta has kept weapons away from dangerous people and the crazed. Instead of a Tribal Council around a camp fire, we have now involuntary commitment, which in Florida is the Baker Law--the law that we know the corrupt Broward Sheriff Debbie Wasserman Shultz Israel never invoked because of incompetence and/or corruption.

And finally, what's this (odd) working "within organizations that can actually make a positive difference with respect to gun rights"?

I think you mean you want to work within organizations that can actually make a positive difference with respect to gun control? (Lock him up! Lock him up!)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Scalia may have stipulated "no bazookas" but the colonists had cannons; state of the art at the time, not cheap to own or operate, and certainly equivalent to the arms provided to the Redcoats.

Today we still have access to automatic weapons and destructive devices. Again, not cheap. Hell, Tom Clancy had a tank. (And he's far from the only citizen who is so well-armed).

Personally, I've had about enough from folks who need "organisations" to tell them what to do. Over the last few years I've met any number of folks from every walk of life, each of whom I'd trust to do the right thing. "Organisations" are like mobs; dangerous, and only marginally controllable, and that control is more often than not exercised by sociopaths with their own agendas.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    One cannot legislate morality, if a person intends to do you harm, they can. They will dictate the time, place and method. We need to "harden" these facilities, using "Time and Terrain". This will allow time for a armed response to occur and sound the alarm to take other actions. Media and past incidents point out these gun free areas that attract terrorists and these mass killers. I think we really need to be pushing that.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Just throwing this out there:

Heard a very interesting interview on the radio today with a psychiatrist who was saying that there is no such thing as an identifiable mental illness that predicts mass murder. There’s no test for it, no clear correlation between a specific mental illness and violent behavior.

Sounds like all the talk about screening for mental illness is just so much smoke - no real substance.

Right, not every schizophrenic will be violent, but society is still better off with them institutionalized. Even if they're not dangerous, they're annoying and disruptive.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Oh, get over yourself. Even in the landmark "HELLER vs. DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA", the Scalia dicta (no puss hombre, he) stipulated no bazookas, etc.

As for "felon gun control" not being in the Constitution, get over yourself, 2.0.

Common Law dating back to the Magna Carta has kept weapons away from dangerous people and the crazed. Instead of a Tribal Council around a camp fire, we have now involuntary commitment, which in Florida is the Baker Law--the law that we know the corrupt Broward Sheriff Debbie Wasserman Shultz Israel never invoked because of incompetence and/or corruption.

And finally, what's this (odd) working "within organizations that can actually make a positive difference with respect to gun rights"?

I think you mean you want to work within organizations that can actually make a positive difference with respect to gun control? (Lock him up! Lock him up!)

Right, so common law allows us to keep weapons away from the dangerous and crazed. That's all I've said in this thread. I don't know why that's controversial.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Right, not every schizophrenic will be violent, but society is still better off with them institutionalized. Even if they're not dangerous, they're annoying and disruptive.

You are absolutely right, we as a nation must bend over backwards, take away the rights of others to insure your happiness above all else. How silly of us not to have realized that right off the bat.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    You are absolutely right, we as a nation must bend over backwards, take away the rights of others to insure your happiness above all else. How silly of us not to have realized that right off the bat.

Have you been on a NYC subway train with some random schizophrenic running around screaming? Schizophrenics shouldn't have any "rights" other than to be locked in a cage.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I would rather have a useless item banned than all semi-auto firearms. Seems you would rather lose everything.

What do you think compromising with the left and arguing with your fellow gun owners is going to get you?

Not. One. Inch.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    should-the-government-no-solid-answer-5834350.png

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Would you agree to a ban of bump stocks in exchange for a repeal of the out of state pistol purchase law?
    Short answer no. Shorter answer no.

Longer answer, I MIGHT agree to bumpstock ban in exchange for repeal of the out of state pistol purchase law, 100% any permit reciprocity, repeal of Hughes amendment, and free Chick-fil-A for life, but since the other side's offer is ALWAYS 'nothing' (Michael Corleone approves), my short answer stands.

Give up bumpstocks (or anything) and you will get .............. nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom