• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Subject: The Gun Ban list is out. Here it is folks, and it is bad news. The framework for legislation is always laid, and the Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want to impose upon us. They really do not believe you need anything more than a brick to defend your home and family. Look at the list and see how many you own. Remember, it is registration, then confiscation. It has happened in the UK, in Australia, in Europe, in China, and what they have found is that for some reason the criminals do not turn in their weapons, but will know that you did. Please send this to everyone you can. It will come up for a vote, and it might even be a secret vote if Madame Pelosi has her way, and then it will be a done deal.. ....thanks to Colonel Rus...Hal.
    Right to own a gun Remember, The first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.
    Subject: Gun Law Update by Alan Korwin, Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list. Forward or send to every gun owner you know...Gun Law Update by Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America. Jan. 5, 2008. Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress) It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady's plan to introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Brady's current plans and targets of opportunity, It's horrific. They're going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They've made little mention of criminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states' rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):
    Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
    M1 Carbine,
    Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
    AR-15,
    Bushmaster XM15,
    Armalite M15,
    AR-10,
    Thompson 1927,
    Thompson M1;
    AK,
    AKM,
    AKS,
    AK-47,
    AK-74,
    ARM,
    MAK90,
    NHM 90,
    NHM 91,
    SA 85,
    SA 93,
    VEPR;
    Olympic Arms PCR;
    AR70,
    Calico Liberty ,
    Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
    Fabrique National FN/FAL,
    FN/LAR, or FNC,
    Hi-Point20Carbine,
    HK-91,
    HK-93,
    HK-94,
    HK-PSG-1,
    Thompson 1927 Commando,
    Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
    Saiga,
    SAR-8,
    SAR-4800,
    SKS with detachable magazine,
    SLG 95,
    SLR 95 or 96,
    Steyr AU,
    Tavor,
    Uzi,
    Galil and Uzi Sporter,
    Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
    Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
    Calico M-110,
    MAC-10,
    MAC-11, or MPA3,
    Olympic Arms OA,
    TEC-9,
    TEC-DC9,
    TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
    Uzi.
    Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
    Armscor 30 BG,
    SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
    Striker 12,
    Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
    A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
    (i) a folding or telescoping stock,
    (ii) a threaded barrel,
    (iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),
    (iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
    Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine ..22 rim fire rifles).
    A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:
    (i) a second pistol grip,
    (ii) a threaded barrel,
    (iii) a barrel shroud or
    (iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
    (v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
    A semiautomatic shotgun with:
    (i) a folding or telescoping stock,
    (ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
    (iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and
    (iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
    Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.
    Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will:
    Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General." Note that Obama's pick for this office (Eric Holder, confirmation hearing set for Jan. 15) wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home.
    In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event." In plain English this means that ANYfirearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.
    The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn't have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose -- is that devious or what? And of course, "sporting purpose" is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.
    Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America http://www.gunlaws.com/gloa.htm
    Forward or send to every gun owner you know...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Pro-gun Democrats oppose new "assault weapon" ban

Sixty-five House Democrats said Wednesday that they would oppose any attempt by the Obama administration to revive a ban on military-style weapons that President Bill Clinton signed into law in 1994 and President George W. Bush let expire.
    The pro-gun Democrats, led by Rep. Mike Ross, D-Ark., wrote Attorney General Eric Holder that they would "actively oppose any effort to reinstate the 1994 ban, or to pass any similar law."

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=116&sid=1627648

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    We have the momentum going now. Our out cry has reversed their policy on military brass, made them drop the proposal of not covering our troops medical expenses, and a few other things.

If we flood the offices with another surge of email and phone calls they may pull the AWB too.

The AWB and mexico has received a lot of coverage on the news and most Americans don't feel mexico's problems are our problems.

How do our democrats in the senate feel about the AWB? anyone hear from them?

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    write the congressmen and governors... only thing we can do

unless you all had a revolt in mind :D

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    YES! Maybe this news will bring an end (or at least calm) to all of this hysteria. But - as a side note - if the drug cartels are obtaining high-powered weapons like the AK-47 from U.S. gun stores, why isn't the insta-check stopping them???

This is complete shit, if it were US guns then trace them back here. They can't, they have not reported one serial number and the ATF does not even back those numbers.

I like my AK and its staying with me in America or what ever we become in the future.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    damn mexicans...

just because they have "military style" "assault" rifles doesn't mean they are getting them from the U.S.....
    why the **** should we have to pay for whats going on in another country? its not our problem and my money shouldn't be going to somone elses government to fight a lost war..

MentalSquint

Can't Stomp Us Out
    Dec 6, 2007
    Frederick
    Umm...
    ackbar.jpg

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for something apt to use that in.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I have a voting revolt in mind. It goes something like, get everyone to elect Republicans to the Congress in 2010 and then they can stop the AWB.

Republicans are no better on AWB issues, just look to Bush 41. We need to elect Conservatives. Doesn't matter if they are Dems or Republicans, we need conservatives with spines and moral backbones. Men and Women who just don't mouth their oath of office and have read and understand the Constitution.

Just voting "R" can get you Connie Morrellas, Arlen Specters, Lincoln Chaffees and Olympia Snowes. I rather have a Blue Dog Democrat that keeps their word rather than any of those left leaning Republicans.

Conservatism knows no political party or affliation. We need a leader like Ronald Reagan or a JFK, we need somebody with political iron and neither party has anybody of caliber of those men.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Conservatism knows no political party or affliation. We need a leader like Ronald Reagan or a JFK, we need somebody with political iron and neither party has anybody of caliber of those men.

you're right, but be realistic. Can you compare some of the current politicians to anyone that great?
    This one guy that just got elected to some position in the execuative branch pretends to be people sometimes, but that is about it.

liberals know no party either, they just hi-jack one and make it their home. I know my history and I'm not talking about "Classical Liberals". Basically anyone who believes in the UN. We have to fight these people at every level, local, state, national and international. It will be interesting.

drott

Apr 18, 2007
    We need to elect Conservatives. Doesn't matter if they are Dems or Republicans, we need conservatives with spines and moral backbones.

What we need are CONSTITUTIONAL LIBERTARIANS. The so called "conservatives" are a part of the problem, and in the last 10 years or so have been almost as much a threat to freedom and liberty as the democrats. We need a general rollback in governmental size and powers. Libertarians offer this. If only we had the numbers and strength to sway the masses in the "what's in it for me?" world we increasingly live in.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Novus says his a dem, but he likes to be a Libertarian more. Why don't we put him up for office? He makes more sense than a lot of people we have now.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    What we need are CONSTITUTIONAL LIBERTARIANS. The so called "conservatives" are a part of the problem, and in the last 10 years or so have been almost as much a threat to freedom and liberty as the democrats. We need a general rollback in governmental size and powers. Libertarians offer this. If only we had the numbers and strength to sway the masses in the "what's in it for me?" world we increasingly live in.

I'm a libertarian with a small "l". I'd gladly switch to the capital "L" if the Libertarian party would get serious and actually offer a decent candidate. That and they need to win some local elections to prove that they are viable. At this point, I have no faith in them as a party, and that saddens me. Maybe it is time they they scrub the bowl and get some new leadership.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    To be run by Libertarians, the government would have to give up a lot of power and put wealth back in the people. Although this would stimulate the world economy no politician American or other would do this. All I see is the government growing.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    Here is the letter...signed by Frank Kratovil.

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM116_mike_ross.html

I saw this as well. We had one stinking person from MD sign this letter. PATHETIC everyone. Dam it, if some of these idiots are not unemployed during the next election I am going to be pissed. I have had enough of the morons that are supposed to represent Maryland just ignore our Second Amendment rights.

Thank you to Frank for signing the letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom