• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I was up in PA this weekend and went to my old gun club with a friend who is still a member. They have a 500 yard range that I regularly shot before moving. I was excited because I had not shot any rifles since I moved to MD about a year ago... I used to shoot a couple times a week. :sad20:

I still had 40 of my .308 hand loads left over and started right on them at 300 yards to warm up. I could not hit anything. :mad54: Granted, it was raining and a little windy, but for someone who averaged 2-3" groups at that range a year ago, I should at least be able to hit the freaking paper. After finishing off the hand loads without a group that could be covered with a dinner plate and several bullets missing the paper altogether, I packed up my bolt gun. :( I know shooting is a skill that needs to be kept up, but damn! I never expected anything that bad.

But any day at the range is a good day. I went and took my frustration out on the 100 yard range, wasting aout 300 rounds of 5.56 before I packed up up for the day.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Don't worry. Keep going to the range and it will all come back to you.

What range did you go to?

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Don't worry. Keep going to the range and it will all come back to you.

What range did you go to?

I don't have the time to shoot regularly since I got married, had a kid, run a business and keep another job. Oh well... life changes.

I went to Atglen.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I don't have the time to shoot regularly since I got married, had a kid, run a business and keep another job. Oh well... life changes.

I went to Atglen.

I know just what you mean. Just keep plugging away at life, every once in a while you'll get a chance to go shooting. Those days will be just that much sweeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom