• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Anyone else like a good Bag Job? You know...when you get a gun that's in a bag in parts long uncared for? A friend of mine gave me one, today...and playing puzzle on one of those was tonight's project. All the parts were there, as he told me they were when he got it 25 years ago...and what resulted is a pretty beat up but tight and still perfectly timed mirror-bored Herbert Schmidt "LA's Deputy" 22lr Colt Scout clone made in 1968. Not bad...3/4 of the time on this was spent scrubbing the oxidation off the parts...one more for the junk gun collection haha!

343787225_113937611701826_215076249172037671_n.jpg
    343875449_769220681461462_1055013699474830336_n.jpg
    1684205428900.jpeg

Last edited:

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Nice job. You must have an abundant amount of patience and the mechanical skills to go with it. I have trouble getting the grips off a pistol to clean it. Enjoy.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Nice job. You must have an abundant amount of patience and the mechanical skills to go with it. I have trouble getting the grips off a pistol to clean it. Enjoy.

Ha! I'm certainly no whiz...from shooting black powder revolvers since forever; pulling single actions apart and putting them back together is almost thoughtless. A few weird things on this one that skip corners and save money...but overall nothing you need a diagram for. Sorting the screws by process of elimination and scrubbing oxidation was the hardest part, here.

Oh wow. That's really cool. Any sense of why it was taken apart in the first place?

My best guess is probably someone took it apart or he took it apart and probably didn't care enough to put it back together. The mainspring was blown and I rigged up it to go back together and hold strong haha! So mainspring was probably why it was originally disassembled.

Wait until Baltimore gives you $200 for it, then take your friend to lunch!

It's another reason why junk guns are never a bad investment. ;) Change my mind about collecting em?...there's always a buyback that pays far more than they are worth just around the corner.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have a Colt Frontier Scout which looks similar. This was my first handgun, my dad gave it to me in middle school.

03A362C6-EEC0-41EA-B330-5F1F78519D36.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom