• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I was watching Chief Johnson's testimony on gun control the other day and was wondering where the hell does he get this from? I lived in B. Co. half my life, spent 27 years as a paid firefighter for the county and another 40 as a volunteer firefighter in the county. I've never known of a problem with "assault rifle" crime in the county. Turns out I was right, there really isn't a problem with these firearms in Baltimore County but it sure sounded like there was according to the chief. Purposely misleading the public during testimony is wrong. Was he under oath?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/02/19/baltimore-county-police-chief-misleads-america-on-assault-weapons-on-the-street-n1513597

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Well than the mods can delete or move.

Interesting article that shows the records of 6 months of gun seizures. From what I can tell about 140 guns were seized in the county over a 6 month period. It appears that maybe 7 meet their definition of "assault weapon". Seems like the either the Remington 870 or Mossburg 500 are seized more often than all other "assault weapons" combined.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Well than the mods can delete or move.

Interesting article that shows the records of 6 months of gun seizures. From what I can tell about 140 guns were seized in the county over a 6 month period. It appears that maybe 7 meet their definition of "assault weapon". Seems like the either the Remington 870 or Mossburg 500 are seized more often than all other "assault weapons" combined.

The Mossy 500 is the only non-handgun in the 'top 10 firearms most used in crime' list -- so I'm not surprised.

It is also a wonderful defensive and sporting firearm. I use a Mossburg Maverick 88 (cheaper 500) for trap shooting.

Back on target: So you say that police brass are becoming politically involved even though they have clearly lost touch with the actual world? That's not new.

Talk to a beat-cop and you'll find that they are pro-gun.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Don't get me started on BCoPD and the Chief.....

I retired from Baltimore County and worked under Johnson for a short period. I can say this as far as guns and high profile cases in the county.. I can't recall many crimes associated with anything close to a so called "Assault Weapon". The weapons Palzinski had during his ordeal in March 2000 were of the result of a Straw Purchase - A homicide at the Towson Mall in 2004 where the persons responsible used a modified shotgun (originally purchased legally) and a bank robbery / homicide on Liberty Road nearly 20 years ago where a Tec 9 was carried by one of the suspects. Funny but I just spoke to a former member of the "Gun Squad" over the weekend and he said the same thing. I'm not saying Baltimore County doesn't have a gun problem -- any area near a big city has problems --- it's not with the law abiding citizens and its definitely not with AR-15's or other guns on the proposed banned list. Most homicides in the county are committed with edged weapons and handguns --- definitely not an AR-15 or other weapon proposed to be banned because of a cosmetic feature.

Johnson is just another political figure saying what he thinks everyone wants to hear.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    It's one thing to say what everyone wants to hear, quite another to be dishonest in front of the Senate Judicial Committee trying to decide of future law. Especially for someone sworn to uphold the Constitution (assume they still take an oath like we did 30 years ago).

I was on both the Palzinski shootings the first two nights of that incident.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    FFS, I have a neighbor who is a BC K9 cop, I bet if I asked him about this he'd say 1 has been used in a crime in BC for all of 10 years or something. OH WAIT! I know when a ND style incident with an AK took place in BC! It was over 20 years ago and my mom was crawling back to the house. Dumb drunk neighbor's friends being stupid with target shooting, and I don't think the guns were even confiscated. Does that count?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom