• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chsnprodigy

Dec 24, 2012
    Hello,
    I just want to bring something up that irritated me this morning while getting ready for work at 4:25am. While watching the news they reported that 16 deaths (shootings) have happened in 14 days in Baltimore City. Every time I think about SB281 it really irritates me that its not working and this is proof. :mad54: It irritates me that the people who wrote SB281 dont understand that criminals are criminals because they dont follow the law. Ok im done.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    They need to revoke each of the shooters' HQL's. Problem solved.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Even if SB281 worked, it would be years before Maryland saw any positive results. Likewise, even if SB281 prevented any new illegal guns from coming in, which it won’t since MD is surrounded on all sides by free states, it would be years before the police could take all the illegal guns off the street.

Anyone claiming that SB281 worked or didn’t work at this point is just making stuff up. The law has only been in effect for three months. No three month old program is going to heavily reduce the number of crimes in Maryland.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    look on the bright side: Batts and the BPD is reporting that gangs are getting more accurate (I am not making that up). Most of the 16 were execution-style killings. That means fewer innocent bystanders.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Even if SB281 worked, it would be years before Maryland saw any positive results. Likewise, even if SB281 prevented any new illegal guns from coming in, which it won’t since MD is surrounded on all sides by free states, it would be years before the police could take all the illegal guns off the street.

Anyone claiming that SB281 worked or didn’t work at this point is just making stuff up. The law has only been in effect for three months. No three month old program is going to heavily reduce the number of crimes in Maryland.

Valid points but isn't the real question, as it always has been, at what point... ever... is any part of FSA2013 going to prevent these types of crimes anytime in the future? But, of course, it's for the children.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    What upsets me more, is that with a known high crime rate, they still require good and substantial reason for a carry permit. This is the true crime here.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    This is a Vinny DeMarco opinion piece, so TIFWIW...

As the Sun article pointed out, there has been a drastic decline in handgun purchases in Maryland since the new law went into effect, and the Maryland State Police are doing a very good job of implementing it.

Laughable, of course...

This only takes into account the "HQL-Era" processing, completely ignoring the backlog.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    What upsets me more, is that with a known high crime rate, they still require good and substantial reason for a carry permit. This is the true crime here.

Yep! Their continued insistance upon ignoring the facts of today's dangerous realities in favor of their utopian and self serving agenda is nothing short of criminal negligence as far as I'm concerned.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I wonder if the Sun investigated whether the guns in the Baltimore City jail were purchased and processed through background checks? Did the inmates all apply for HQLs?

The fact that people excising their rights broke the system shows the system is flawed.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I wonder if the Sun investigated whether the guns in the Baltimore City jail were purchased and processed through background checks? Did the inmates all apply for HQLs?

The fact that people excising their rights broke the system shows the system is flawed.

Point of clarification...

The State is excising our Rights... We the People just want to exercise them!!

ex·cise ik-sahyz
    verb (used with object), ex·cised, ex·cis·ing.
    1. to expunge, as a passage or sentence, from a text.
    2. to cut out or off, as a tumor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom