• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I might hit the car show up on Friday this week. I believe the city of Baltimore may own the convention center, is there any possible legal issue doing so? I haven't looked yet to see if Baltimore City has violated the rights of gun owners like Montgomery County did, and the state is trying to do.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just fricking call and ask, then you know. All these people asking the internet if places allow weapons.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Just fricking call and ask, then you know. All these people asking the internet if places allow weapons.
    I think it's more along the lines of "don't ask, don't tell" with the venues, but wanting to know if there would be any legal problems beyond "you need to remove that from the premises" if discovered. Is the convention center gov property (a "sensitive place") or commerical for example.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I think most of these questions are actually 2 parts.
    #1: Is it against the law to carry at ABC?
    #2: Will I be able to get away with doing it anyway?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I think it's more along the lines of "don't ask, don't tell" with the venues, but wanting to know if there would be any legal problems beyond "you need to remove that from the premises" if discovered. Is the convention center gov property (a "sensitive place") or commerical for example.
    Best way to find out is to call and find out, right?

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    It is all how you dress. When I went there for Baltimore Furry Con 2022, I put my Mossberg shockwave in my elephant trunk and no one was the wiser. You just have to make sure that when you snort peanuts nothing gets in the action.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Best way to find out is to call and find out, right?
    Maybe, maybe not. I suspect they would just say "not allowed" which is not the same as "not legal." I doubt the representative would go into the distinction.

If they have anything like metal detectors or Evolv, it's all moot.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I was just getting ready to post the same question. I know the convention center policy is that firearms are not allowed. However, I don't know if the state prohibition against carrying "in or around State-owned public buildings and grounds" covers this venue. Isn't the state at least a partial owner of the convention center?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

I posted in the PA website about metal detectors at the Heinz History Center

After getting the high hat, I called them and gave them a cock and bull story about carrying a knife, and didn't want to embarrass the in-laws

No metal detectors at the Heinz History Center

Three weeks later some guy from the PA website posted it was A-OK

I was just getting ready to post the same question. I know the convention center policy is that firearms are not allowed. However, I don't know if the state prohibition against carrying "in or around State-owned public buildings and grounds" covers this venue. Isn't the state at least a partial owner of the convention center?

My only concern would be metal detectors

Otherwise, POGO (pants on gun on)

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I might hit the car show up on Friday this week. I believe the city of Baltimore may own the convention center, is there any possible legal issue doing so? I haven't looked yet to see if Baltimore City has violated the rights of gun owners like Montgomery County did, and the state is trying to do.
    I can call and check for you, Friday you say? Concealed, right? Loaded?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I have carried there a couple of years ago. No Metal detectors. Concealed
    Was also a car show. Keep in mind if you are getting in and out of cars, things can get
    touchy as far as comfort.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I think most of these questions are actually 2 parts.
    #1: Is it against the law to carry at ABC?
    #2: Will I be able to get away with doing it anyway?
    I only ask myself #1 because that’s all that matters. If it’s legal, then carry on (see what I did there?)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    I've been to a couple of the Whitman Coin & Collectibles Expos that occur there frequently. There was no physical screening. But I don't see how that would be practical at a coin show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom