• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    http://www.wbaltv.com/news/police-officer-shot-in-northeast-baltimore/24985436#mid=186290

Getting ready for bed tonight and caught a news story on TV, with a statement by the illustrious Baltimore Chief of Police, Batts. I haven't seen any other posts concerning this.

An off duty Baltimore police Sgt was shot multiple times Friday night and is in the hospital. The suspected shooter turned himself in after 2 day manhunt. The the suspect had been convicted of a 2000 murder in 2003 and was out on early release. During his statement Batts, while repeatedly calling the suspect a coward.

"One less suspect , one less killer on the streets of Baltimore," Batts said.

That one less killer on the street should never have been on the street on the first place.

As an aside, the police also arrested the shooter's mother and sister for outstanding drug related warrants. Gee- I wonder why an early release did not result in rehabilitation.
    I did not hear any mention of what kind of firearm or how it had been obtained by a convicted felon. Maybe he should have taken some responsibility for the positioned he supported that allowed the shooter to be out of jail and to get a firearm, rather than criminalize law abiding citizens choosing to do nothing more than exercise there constitutionally guaranteed civil rights.
    In testimony last year, it was argued that 70% of Baltimore murders were committed by criminal out on early release and 40% (40% of either the 70% released early or 40% of Baltimore murderers, It wasn't clear in the testimony) by criminal out on early released for violent crimes.

I am reminded of the fable of the scorpion and the camel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom