• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    I'm headed to baltimore pd's expedited recruitment event tomorrow for written/physical exam. I've already completed the process with MSP and did pretty well, but wish me luck guys. This is my dream job. :mdpatriot

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Good luck to you! I have nothing but respect for all those in blue. Have had many interactions with Baltimore PD, ALL positive.

Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    Good luck, I'll probably be starting their police Academy durring late Oct. Feel free to PM me sometime and let me know how things went.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    Good luck, I'll probably be starting their police Academy durring late Oct. Feel free to PM me sometime and let me know how things went.

Definitely stay safe out there. Hopefully i'll see ya soon.

My utah instructor, Donna Worthy (ret. BPD), said that we'll see everything we're gonna see within the first two weeks. Preparedness and training is everything.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Good luck.

I'd lean towards MSP but at this point take whatever LE job you can get.

There are a lot of options in BCPD.....but the reality is that place is a zoo. There are plenty of good officers...some not as good. Pay is meh...pension system is horrid...and equipment is boarder line laughable.

But you will get your hands in the mix very quickly. You'll learn a lot or get to the point where you cant stand it.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    Good luck.

I'd lean towards MSP but at this point take whatever LE job you can get.

There are a lot of options in BCPD.....but the reality is that place is a zoo. There are plenty of good officers...some not as good. Pay is meh...pension system is horrid...and equipment is boarder line laughable.

But you will get your hands in the mix very quickly. You'll learn a lot or get to the point where you cant stand it.

i'm on hold from msp for now. got through the process. first sergeant banded me in the "better" category then i pulled my e-brake in a wal mart parking lot with a deputy behind me. deputy ends up liking me and pleading no evidence to most of the tickets he wrote but the first sergeant already found out and told me i was out, for atleast a year. So i'm praying i get into baltimore and for better or for worse i will do my job there.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    i'm on hold from msp for now. got through the process. first sergeant banded me in the "better" category then i pulled my e-brake in a wal mart parking lot with a deputy behind me. deputy ends up liking me and pleading no evidence to most of the tickets he wrote but the first sergeant already found out and told me i was out, for atleast a year. So i'm praying i get into baltimore and for better or for worse i will do my job there.

What?

You knowingly pulled your E-brake to have a police car hit you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom