• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Dog was barking it's head off at this guy wandering the forest edge at the top of the trail where I usually do bow only to be more neighborly. Good timing on his part for next week.

Attachments

• T__00001.JPG
      T__00001.JPG
      17.7 KB · Views: 51

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Congrats to all who scored!

Got a small doe with ML today at public land (patuxent)
    View attachment 437043
    Withstood the wind, and was rewarded with a 8 point buck this evening! Got him at 25 yards, using a 250 grain bullet I casted, being pushed by 90 grains of 3f.
    he was at an odd angle and my bullet went in the shoulder and came out farther behind on the opposite side. I was a little worried it was going to be “messy”, but luckily nothing hit gut!
    Congrats

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Withstood the wind, and was rewarded with a 8 point buck this evening! Got him at 25 yards, using a 250 grain bullet I casted, being pushed by 90 grains of 3f.
    he was at an odd angle and my bullet went in the shoulder and came out farther behind on the opposite side. I was a little worried it was going to be “messy”, but luckily nothing hit gut!
    Very nice buck. Congrats.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nice!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    This weekend was a bust. Swirling winds, and even when the wind was in my face the deer kept spotting me.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    This weekend was a bust. Swirling winds, and even when the wind was in my face the deer kept spotting me.
    Definitely shity wind this week. It pretty much left opportunities to early morning and late afternoon sets. I noticed calm wind in both cases. I think that's why most of the deer were taken late and early in the days. Sporadic rain didn't help things.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Friend and I got a couple does over the 3 day mzl. As luck would have it, I'm losing one farm but my bud got us another. Seeing some deer around. No shooter bucks, but seeing small buck activity.
    V

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Friend and I got a couple does over the 3 day mzl. As luck would have it, I'm losing one farm but my bud got us another. Seeing some deer around. No shooter bucks, but seeing small buck activity.
    V
    You're like I used to be, lose one spot and gain one or two more. I call it the 'Seinfeld effect'. I think my luck is running low though... :D

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    No shots fired for me, have been holding out for this nice mature 8-point that I know has been hanging around. Soon I will give up though and whack a couple does for the freezer. Can't wait for it to get a little bit colder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom