• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    i had that 7-pt come along…

On the wrong side of the creek. I would have considered stopping him in a couple of the clear openings along there, but I thought he was going to cross over and get a lot closer.

40yds was in the outside edge of what I am comfortable with, but he had a good presentation.

He was sure interested in my calling. He kept stopping and trying to decide if her wanted to check it out. But not enough to cross near me. He crossed 80yds down the creek and kept going on my side. Away from me.

I saw him chase a doe on the other side 150yds away.

Oh well. Still a little light left and fun to watch.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am kind of glad that 7-pt didn't get within range, let alone took the shot at 40yds.

I have no earthly idea what happened with my crossbow, maybe I banged it carrying to my stand? I zeroed it before early ML, shot the button exactly where I aimed at 20yds. I discharged my cross bow at across the garage distances and almost missed off the right side of my discharge bag!

I set it up in the driveway with my bigger archery bag behind it and took a shot. I hit the bigger archery bag, a solid 5-6" to the right at 20yds!

About 15 shots later and it is properly re-zeroed. I have no idea what the heck could have happened, but it definitely took about 30 clicks left to adjust it properly (each click is 1/2" at 100yds. So it did need to come over roughly 5" at 20yds. WTF!?!)

I took a few confirming shots with two different bolts once it was on again and they are all hitting within about 2" at 20yds, which is my expected accuracy with this thing just shooting off my knee as a rest.

I did also have a nice, but not amazing looking 6-pt cross the creek to my side right by the bamboo and keep on trucking. Definitely on the cruise and had no interest in my calls at all. One brief pause to look in my direction (he was 80yds away), but then he kept on going.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    I decided I'd hunt from a different tree today. I watched a 130"+ 8 point walk under my tree that I've been hunting from. :rolleyes:
    This always happens after I decide -"I've burned this spot out" or the wind is not right at a spot. Then I look at the cams and it's usually some pope and young class buck posing at my other stand location.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Down in Highland Cnty Va. All bow season only saw doe's with small ones - I don't take mamma cause I'm not that hungry. Opening day for muzzle loader - doe day yesterday. I got an eight pointer. Only buck I've seen in a month. A buddie says it's a ten because you could hang ring on it. I have the head in the freezer to clean up. Pics later. Of the head only. On to a doe next.
    Deer2023 - Copy.png

Last edited:

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    I shot this guy about a week ago. Decided to practice my first euro mount on him. I think it came out pretty good.

Attachments

• 20231112_172418.jpg
      20231112_172418.jpg
      196.6 KB · Views: 55

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Spent two full days on stand. Saw zero deer Friday. Saturday was better but bittersweet. Two bucks in the morning and then from 3 to 5 pm had a nice 10 point doing circles corralling two does and fending off three small bucks form a thicker area of the woods behind me, closest he got was about 45-50 yards despite one of the does getting to broadside at 15 yards, she even bedded there for 30 min…. Ahhhhhh so close!!!!

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I had 3 doe run under me today but the buck chasing them must have caught wind of me or know what a tree stand is and stayed out of range for a shot so here is some trail cam photos from the week.

Attachments

• WGI_0010.JPG
      WGI_0010.JPG
      245.3 KB · Views: 49
    • WGI_0003.JPG
      WGI_0003.JPG
      99.8 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members