• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    This is why I switched out my gutting knives to this a couple years ago.
    I like that, I think I would go with the Hot Pink for even less chance of blend in with leaves.
    I still grieve over knives I lost years ago.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Was out in Calvert this AM,, 28' up in my climber at 5:50 in a creek bottom butting upto 800 acres of Public.
    Hunted until 9:30
    Saw nothing but some A-hole squirrels with a death wish, giving me the "Business"
    Not a single shot was heard near or far this morning.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I guess last night’s rain has dampened some of the guys spirits since only 4 of us have showed up to hunt and I don’t really count as gimp as I am.

It sure ain’t like the old days

But at least if I can get into my stand without falling down I will get a day in the woods in solitude and try and clear and relax my mind

Good luck to everyone!
    Good luck! Hopefully that one from last weekend shows up. I'm at a soccer tournament all day so no tree stand for me.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I retired my old Buck 110 Lite a few years ago for this and never looked back. Similar to the swing blade but a folder with replaceable knife blades.

Last edited:

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    After having misfires during Muzzleloader season and getting a new to me rifle from @Kimber45, managed to bag one this morning! Round Ball @60 grains. Was about a 75 yard shot and he ran another 50-60 yards and dropped.
    D9029AE3-637D-47C3-B3BF-E29B8C9702EB.jpeg
    48DB5389-A6BD-4F50-8077-9507A46C3282.jpeg

danimalw

Ultimate Member
    I appreciate you saying that

I did get to my spot using two walking sticks and hoping for the best

I just let two does pass within 15 yards of me, idk why but just because I could

I actually feel as spry as a strutting rooster right now lol

That will end when I gotta get back to my truck lol

And good luck to you and to everyone out in the woods right now!!
    Everyday on the north side of grass is a blessing.

My brother and I joke about rolling craps in genetics with all of the issues we have, but we'll take it. Takes us longer to hike into our stands and way longer to hike back out. But we can still do it. Unfortunately we haven't seen anything but tree rats, a fox and birds so far. Just stood and stretched for the 7th inning stretch (in stand since 6am) Hopefully something comes along worth tagging.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Everyday on the north side of grass is a blessing.

My brother and I joke about rolling craps in genetics with all of the issues we have, but we'll take it. Takes us longer to hike into our stands and way longer to hike back out. But we can still do it. Unfortunately we haven't seen anything but tree rats, a fox and birds so far. Just stood and stretched for the 7th inning stretch (in stand since 6am) Hopefully something comes along worth tagging.
    Indeed every day on this side of the dirt is a blessing. I keep reminding myself of that lol.

I am back in my “stand”, it’s on the ground so more of a blind, from my midday lunch and hopefully my much younger cousin is going to walk something this way

I did have a misstep on the way back in but only dropped to one knee. Luckily no one can see me back here lol. Hopefully my trip back is uneventful.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I haven’t kept up so Congrats to all that hit their mark and a tip of the hat and good luck to those getting out there and battling it out. I just got up in the stand with no expectations other than to enjoy my time in the woods.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I haven’t kept up so Congrats to all that hit their mark and a tip of the hat and good luck to those getting out there and battling it out. I just got up in the stand with no expectations other than to enjoy my time in the woods.
    And enjoying your time in the woods is what makes it so special to me also!!!

Good luck but you won’t need it to have a great time in the woods because it’s great just to be there!!

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Went for a walk today with my sons and dogs.

Found these two dead bucks, within 20 yards of each other. No guts. Ribs chewed clean and shoulders/heads intact. Didn't smell too bad so somewhat recent. Couldn't find any punctures on the hide or broken ribs (What was left of them).

Very strange.

Attachments

• 20231202_131500.jpg
      20231202_131500.jpg
      498.4 KB · Views: 71
    • 20231202_131714.jpg
      20231202_131714.jpg
      447.3 KB · Views: 70
    • 20231202_132123.jpg
      20231202_132123.jpg
      372.1 KB · Views: 74
    • 20231202_132457.jpg
      20231202_132457.jpg
      465.8 KB · Views: 71

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

Found these two dead bucks, within 20 yards of each other. No guts. Ribs chewed clean and shoulders/heads intact. Didn't smell too bad so somewhat recent. Couldn't find any punctures on the hide or broken ribs (What was left of them).

Very strange.
    Fought each other to the death during the rut most likely. It happens. No quit in either one.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter

Very strange.
    Hmmm, possible EHD deaths?

(Found near water, no obvious antler damage)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom