• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Oh, I hear you as to why.

Just pointing out, the broken window theory on enforcing minor crimes and community policing is still "controversial", but more because of some of the methods some police departments went to enforcing that. But the results on the other hand, aren't nearly as much in doubt. So change some of the methods, but the principle is the same.

The unspoken part of "controversial" is contained in the supposition that community policing was discouraged because it was successful. It failed to allow the necessary disruption of the social fabric that has been the policy in effect since 2016 at least, and doubtless earlier in select jurisdictions.

Disruption is necessary as it breaks down power blocs among the citizenry, amking them easier to counter or control.

It's getting harder to discount the notion that the citizenry of the First World is being played by the globalists, who have persuaded (by the usual means) the political leadership to sign on to a movement intended to create porous national borders, and eventually eliminate nationalism.

Nation-states are too costly to be countenanced by multi-national corporations; taxes, regulations, and actions taken to limit the scope of their endeavors do not sit well in the C-Suites.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Yeah, no brainer.

That won't stop a bunch of FUDDS on here from making the argument against it, though.
    Like why bro.

You preempt any debating replies with a derogatory term.

Any time you see fit to grow up would be cool.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    This is correct. Seems obvious, but a guy eating a gummy on Friday night to relax shouldn't lose his 2A rights on Sunday. To argue otherwise is arguing against common sense. Intoxication, however, is another matter.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This opinion may help Hunter Biden's case.
    Only if the case is in Mississippi, Texas, or Louisiana (the 5th circuit). And even if it does go up to SCOTUS and applies elsewhere (not going to happen in the timeframe of Hunter Biden's charges/trial/whatever) doesn't change the fact that he knowingly lied on the federal paperwork.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    This is correct. Seems obvious, but a guy eating a gummy on Friday night to relax shouldn't lose his 2A rights on Sunday. To argue otherwise is arguing against common sense. Intoxication, however, is another matter.
    A guy shooting smack, or guzzling grain alcohol shouldn't lose his 2A rights either.

I don't care if all three are knee-crawling, and commode hugging, or if they are sober as a judge

If they act like savages, they go to jail. When they get out (if ever), back to guns

Freedom can be ugly and dangerous

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    A guy shooting smack, or guzzling grain alcohol shouldn't lose his 2A rights either.

I don't care if all three are knee-crawling, and commode hugging, or if they are sober as a judge

If they act like savages, they go to jail. When they get out (if ever), back to guns

Freedom can be ugly and dangerous
    Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that prior episodes of intoxication were a problem. Just public intoxication while carrying.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We know who they are. Here in Maryland the law should be no different that owning a gun and possessing alcohol since both are now legal
    It's not Maryland's law we're talking about. It's not legal in the federal context. And it's the feds' paperwork that will still get you tripped up. Or not perhaps, now, but only in the three states where this ruling has any meaning. Here in Maryland? Nothing has changed. Dope is federally naughty, so no guns for people who use it, say the feds.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think it is important to recognize people have many different opinions about drugs and even alcohol.

I was a bit or uptight on the drug portion a few years ago. But I have softened a bit on the subject

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Public intoxication (drinking to excess) was illegal at the time of the founding. It is the impairment that is the problem that gets people arrested. When people are not impaired they should be able to have all their inalienable rights.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Back to the original topic;

The 4473 says "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

While cannabis is listed as schedule 1 the true answer for someone that has EVER consumed Cannabis is yes ( let's assume for purposes of discussion that everyone is fully truthful on the form). I'm keying in on the word "unlawful".

Say the DEA follows the current HHS recommendation and changes it from schedule 1 to schedule 3. My understanding is schedule 3 can be lawfully possessed with a prescription.

Say one gets a Maryland weed card and actually consumes Cannabis. Say aside from the federal scheduling change, there are no other changes to the current status quo, including the 4473. Does that mean a MD resident with a valid medical weed card can consume and lawfully answer "no" on the 4473?

I'm asking for a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom