• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Actually, the "parts ban" was a key component to the Feinschwein proposal back in December. The fact that it's being talked about again is no shock.

The whole purpose of her proposals (much like many across the country--especially in MD) is to cripple and wither the firearms industry.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    No way this could get passed, at least not in the near future, but that won't stop them from trying. It would be nearly impossible to define what a "parts kit" is without leaving tons of exceptions.

But if there's one thing I've learned this year, it's that the gun grabbers won't go away. Or ask for sensible gun laws. Ever.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    No way this could get passed, at least not in the near future, but that won't stop them from trying. It would be nearly impossible to define what a "parts kit" is without leaving tons of exceptions.

But if there's one thing I've learned this year, it's that the gun grabbers won't go away. Or ask for sensible gun laws. Ever.

+1

It sort of redefines just what size an appropriate stockpile is.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

How very true.

About 20 years ago I got my first CZ-52. At the time nobody even knew what they were much less have parts or ammo for them. The pistol was missing an extractor, spring and pin. Not to be denied I went to work with a file on a piece of steel cut from a butter knife handle. After a weekend I had an extractor that functioned very well. Spring? Hardware store. Retaining pin? Made from a finishing nail. I replaced the parts later, but I still have the handmade parts somewhere.

My point? Most people are resourceful individuals. What is the definition of a part? Is it a butter knife handle? Is it the spring from Ace hardware? Is it the effin' nail from Home Depot?

But, hey, let's ban gun parts! But let's ban springs and nails too. Don't stop there, tho...ban that file I used to make the extractor!

And you thought it was safe to go back in the water? These idiots have an illogical agenda they adhere to... I honestly don't know how we protect ourselves from utter insanity.

:sad20:

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    hey also try Rock and roll and drugs again ....maybe we could all live on a little powder puff make believe planet . WTF !

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Actually, the "parts ban" was a key component to the Feinschwein proposal back in December. The fact that it's being talked about again is no shock.

The whole purpose of her proposals (much like many across the country--especially in MD) is to cripple and wither the firearms industry.
    Or...the whole purpose of this administration's agenda is to disarm the people so that they cannot stand up against a tyrannical government??

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    How very true.

About 20 years ago I got my first CZ-52. At the time nobody even knew what they were much less have parts or ammo for them. The pistol was missing an extractor, spring and pin. Not to be denied I went to work with a file on a piece of steel cut from a butter knife handle. After a weekend I had an extractor that functioned very well. Spring? Hardware store. Retaining pin? Made from a finishing nail. I replaced the parts later, but I still have the handmade parts somewhere.

My point? Most people are resourceful individuals. What is the definition of a part? Is it a butter knife handle? Is it the spring from Ace hardware? Is it the effin' nail from Home Depot?

But, hey, let's ban gun parts! But let's ban springs and nails too. Don't stop there, tho...ban that file I used to make the extractor!

And you thought it was safe to go back in the water? These idiots have an illogical agenda they adhere to... I honestly don't know how we protect ourselves from utter insanity.

:sad20:

All we need to think about is we're now in the world of 3D printers, and not just plastic parts, either. I saw a story yesterday where NASA used a 3D printer, which incorporates lasers to melt powdered metal, to make a rocket engine injector. WOW! Reduced development and production time from years down to months, and reduced the cost by 70%. Add in the concept of 80% lowers, and human ingenuity like that displayed by Cubans keeping 1950's Ford and GM iron on the road, and you find that legislating in this area is a fool's errand.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    With the advances in 3-D printing, the Genie is almost out of the bottle at this point. They can make it illegal, but I don’t think that they can prevent anyone who wants to manufacture any gun parts they want any longer. This will be the firearms version of prohibition era bathtub gin. Determined and inventive people generally cannot be thwarted. That’s why the political and educational systems are so bent on breeding/beating the independent streak out of the general population.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    All we need to think about is we're now in the world of 3D printers, and not just plastic parts, either. I saw a story yesterday where NASA used a 3D printer, which incorporates lasers to melt powdered metal, to make a rocket engine injector. WOW! Reduced development and production time from years down to months, and reduced the cost by 70%. Add in the concept of 80% lowers, and human ingenuity like that displayed by Cubans keeping 1950's Ford and GM iron on the road, and you find that legislating in this area is a fool's errand.

Fortunately we have the best fools in the business on the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom