• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    when I got my first few 22s I first got a BSA sweet. Then got cheap Simmons. I like the BSA better and the Simmons scopes seemed to lose zero if knocking them too hard. Really had to baby it. Much prefer a decent Nikon if able to go over $100. More $ you spend, the glass is better and less distortions IMO. Its really hard to judge scope quality sometimes, gotta put them through a torture test or see how they respond to the windage and elevation adjustments. Cheap ones can move your elevation when making windage adjustments. I had a cheap simmons I sent back on Amazon cause the retical was canted. I have a new 22 that I put the Simmons 40mm on yesterday so I guess I'll get a remembrance again. If gun shoots well, I'll spend some more $ on better scope.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021

Attachments

• scope.JPG
      scope.JPG
      22.4 KB · Views: 212

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I had an early Simmons 2X pistol scope. It was brutally tough. No complaints after it endured 1500 fps 240 grain JHP handloads and countless more 1400 fps loads. I always wondered who made the original Simmons line. Mine was Japanese made IIRC. Traded it for a Ruger 77 MKII in 30-06. Still gave the rifle.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Heck, if you can swing $300, you can get a Diamondback Tactical 4-16x from Sport Optics TODAY. Last day of 15% off sale.

Normally $349, now $296.65

I may have to order one. Just because. :D

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Heck, if you can swing $300, you can get a Diamondback Tactical 4-16x from Sport Optics TODAY. Last day of 15% off sale.

Normally $349, now $296.65

I may have to order one. Just because. :D

This is a great route to go. I know it may seem illogical, but it's not uncommon to spend a significant amount more for the optic than you paid for the gun.

Especially as I age, I find I have less tolerance for "cheap" optics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom