• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Proline Fisher

Mar 16, 2013
    Severn
    I was at Bass Pro today and wanted to look at a handgun. The guy said he needed to see my HQL and make a copy before he could even show me the gun. Is this a Bass Pro policy or is that the law?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but did not see anything.

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    Make a copy as well? I can understand BP wanting to see it to ascertain that you are qualified to buy, but I would not have allowed them to make a copy.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've grown tired of dealing with Bass Pro. Wouldn't let me see a handgun when I was 20 years old (needed to be 21). Last time I was in the one in Arundel Mills the ammo prices shocked me compared to my usual sources.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Make a copy as well? I can understand BP wanting to see it to ascertain that you are qualified to buy, but I would not have allowed them to make a copy.

Unless it has changed, they want to make and keep a copy of police credentials for gun sales too. No thanks.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    The Hanover BPS is run by a real piece of work. Nothing surprises me out of them theses days. I refuse to spend a dime there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    I was there last week. A friend wanted to look at one of the pistols.
    He was advised needed HQL which he didn't have.

I told the guy I had one and he let me hold and my friend look at but not touch it.

No request to copy it and he barely even looked at it. Even admitted stupid rule but he had no options. Guess I lucked out as no way I would let them copy.

We then went to 2A which will get my friends purchase when he is ready.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Last I was there Sean was still the asst manager, not the GSM

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I was in Dick's in Columbia, MD yesterday, and won't be going back. They no longer stock any ammunition or rifles, their prices are not competitive on other mdse and there's absolutely no need to shell out hard earned funds to another anti.

Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176
    Very Unsafe, MD 69690

MarkinMD

MDS Supporter
    Dec 10, 2011
    Nut Bush City Limits
    I was in Dick's in Columbia, MD yesterday, and won't be going back. They no longer stock any ammunition or rifles, their prices are not competitive on other mdse and there's absolutely no need to shell out hard earned funds to another anti.

Very Unsafe, MD 69690

Yes :thumbsup:

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007

Very Unsafe, MD 69690

They stopped firearms and such years ago in the Columbia store. Last time I went to the one in Glen Burnie they still did. Talked to the manager of the gun counter and he said they just didn't sell many in Columbia so they moved stock over to GB.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    man am I glad to have my weekends back. Moral took a big dump leading up to and especially after 281 took effect. You have a big multimillion dollar corporation, they're going to be uber-conservative in the interpretation of the law to avoid crossing it in any kind of way. It's frustrating for the guys behind the counter to have to put up with company policy that puts them at odds with the customer base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom