• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Unless I mis-heard FOX news from the kitchen while cooking dinner, Maryland is among several states considering up to 50% ammo tax next session.

If true, this time we're forewarned and need to circle the wagons before it's a done deal.

And, politically and in the courts -- not just hoarding.

It's no less than a poll tax, and more intrusive than a voter i.d. at the polls.

I saw that report. Ignore it.

They had much of it wrong.

But, you are correct that we need to be aware for next time.

clutchNthrottle

Deadpooligan
    Feb 2, 2012
    Harford
    that's disappointing. can't find a 50 pack of 9mm to save my life, literally.

Free State in White Marsh has cases of EVERYTHING... but your wallet better be loaded for bear:

WWB 100 round vp:

9mm - $40
    .40 - $45
    .45 -$50

Remington UMC .223:

50rd vp - $40
    200rd (ten of the 20 round boxes) - $165

7.62x39 brass - $1 per round

CCI standard .22LR - $45/brick

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I personally did the paperwork for that colt hbar elite on wed as a cash n carry nonregulated firearm. The m&p10 is the same. I do think they're pretty conservative about what constitutes an HBAR though and am unsure whether they're allowing those camo r-15's to be sold as HBAR's or not. The colts that are stamped HBAR are definately sold as cash n carry though...so are the m&p12-22's and m&p10's we've sold.

That's great to know. I've had my eye on the Colt AR6721 that's stamped HBAR on the barrel. I just need some more cash. :D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I saw that report. Ignore it.

They had much of it wrong.

But, you are correct that we need to be aware for next time.

State Sen John Sarbanes has drawn up this bill to submit. Ass hat runs in the family. He tried to get it in last session.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Basspro has a boatload of .223 50 gr am eagle polymer tip for $12.50/20. 5 box limit. Also cans of 200 rnds Winchester/$120....its 160 white box and 40 pdx1 60 gr split core. 1 can limit. No real pistol stuff but 40 pdx1 boxes.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    .45auto, .223, and 5.56 in stock at dicks white marsh. Good sized stack of .45 too.

Oh, BTW everyone:

Dick's, at least in White Marsh, has a new purchase policy for ammo now. All of the "popular" calibers (.22, 9mm, .45, .225 / 5.56, maybe some others I don't remember) are now limited to one "unit" per day. That's one bulk pack if they have them, and one box if they don't. I was in there late yesterday and they had a ton of .223, Federal XM193 5.56, and .45 left due to this policy. The .223 / 5.56 was all $10 / 20, and the .45 was about $25 / 50 I think.

All other ammo is limited to 200 rounds / day.

The guy behind the counter was really apologetic that I could only buy one box of the Federal 5.56, but I told him not to worry about it. It's not their fault, and this way at least everyone including the guys who have day jobs and can't be there at 9:00 AM every day to line up can get some too.

Harldavi

HVAC Guru
    Jun 25, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Oh, BTW everyone:

Dick's, at least in White Marsh, has a new purchase policy for ammo now. All of the "popular" calibers (.22, 9mm, .45, .225 / 5.56, maybe some others I don't remember) are now limited to one "unit" per day. That's one bulk pack if they have them, and one box if they don't. I was in there late yesterday and they had a ton of .223, Federal XM193 5.56, and .45 left due to this policy. The .223 / 5.56 was all $10 / 20, and the .45 was about $25 / 50 I think.

All other ammo is limited to 200 rounds / day.

The guy behind the counter was really apologetic that I could only buy one box of the Federal 5.56, but I told him not to worry about it. It's not their fault, and this way at least everyone including the guys who have day jobs and can't be there at 9:00 AM every day to line up can get some too.

I can also confirm this is the new policy for the Dicks in Glen Burnie and Waugh Chapel. Finally found some 5.56 in stock and could only walk away with 20 rounds... I guess everyone has a better chance of getting ammo now but 20 rounds is barely worth the trip...

I think I will wait on Bulk boxes at those stores from now on... If they ever come in...

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Unless I mis-heard FOX news from the kitchen while cooking dinner, Maryland is among several states considering up to 50% ammo tax next session.

If true, this time we're forewarned and need to circle the wagons before it's a done deal.

And, politically and in the courts -- not just hoarding.

It's no less than a poll tax, and more intrusive than a voter i.d. at the polls.

It came up this past session and was voted down. Any statement that "Maryland" is considering anything is pure BS. A particular politician may be considering legislation in favor of it, but that's about it. They must have had a boring news day.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

I was in WalMart in Fallston at 9 AM om Saturday 6/29...

They had 3 boxes of 243 & 6 boxes of 270 BUT NO OTHER RIFLE OR PISTOL AMMO at all...

There were some shotgun shells...

Don't let anybody tell you that the ammo crisis is NOT over in Hazard County...

SSDD...!

tsmith's wife

Mar 27, 2013
    They had 9MM and .40 at the Walmart in Frederick this morning at about 11. The guy behind the counter said they also got some 223 and 7.62x39 in, but it was gone till we got there.

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    It is for me, I don't have anymore room in my safe... each shelf is like a game of Tetris! :o I was keeping it all organized by caliber... but now if the box fits in a gap, that's where it's goes... :sad20:

No wonder I haven't been able to find ammo around here! I did get lucky with the 9mm mega packs the other day.

clutchNthrottle

Deadpooligan
    Feb 2, 2012
    Harford

Attachments

• disguise kit.jpg
      disguise kit.jpg
      61.1 KB · Views: 422
    • Mustache-Disguise-Kit_D052A103.jpg
      Mustache-Disguise-Kit_D052A103.jpg
      22.8 KB · Views: 427

Users who are viewing this thread