• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    ATF DECIDES TO SHELVE PROPOSED BAN ON POPULAR TYPE OF BULLET AMID STRONG OPPOSITION FROM MAJORITIES IN HOUSE AND SENATE - Just reported on FoxNews.com.

They are delaying their final framework until after they review comments. It's the same thing as the NFA trust regulations - they will do it, but it's put off for a while.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Nothing changed, they receive comments until the 15th right? then they review right.
    ATF says they are waiting until they review the comments ... what changed.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    It sounds like it is being shelved for the moment (at least according to CNN). Apparently most of the 80,000+ comments were against the proposed law (shocking, I know).

They can re-visit the issue down the road by going through the comment procedure, reviewing comments and acting accordingly, but it looks like it's a dead issue as of now because they declined to move forward.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Here's an article on the powder situation that is quite interesting. semi-related may need a new thread.

Loss of Smokeless Powder

Has to do with the fact that consumer powder could be cut off quickly and Montana is proposing State based manufacturing with tax incentives therefore producing jobs and being pro 2A. I might have something wrong but read the article it is short and actually makes some sense. I think?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The next time they threaten a ban everyone will ignore it thinking they won't go through with it...until they do.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Here's an article on the powder situation that is quite interesting. semi-related may need a new thread.

Loss of Smokeless Powder

Has to do with the fact that consumer powder could be cut off quickly and Montana is proposing State based manufacturing with tax incentives therefore producing jobs and being pro 2A. I might have something wrong but read the article it is short and actually makes some sense. I think?

Maybe that would make it as a crowd-funded venture? I think I'd buy-in on that.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This ATF director has got to go. Complete political hack. Suggests that the motivation to ban all 5.56 is officer safety due to AR pistols when law enforcement organizations are saying that there is no new safety concern.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    The problem using that reasoning is AK pistols and 308 pistols would also be included. Essentially banning 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 at the same time.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    So every company would stop labeling their boxes with 5.56

Since they're not going to target .223, all ammo manufactured for the AR15 will become .223

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    House and Senate leadership needs to insert language in a bill the President MUST sign clarifying that the core of the bullet is: everything other than the jacket, and, in order to be considered AP, the core must be comprised entirely AND EXCLUSIVELY of tungsten, steel, beryllium copper, bronze and/or depleted uranium. If there is lead or any other substance in the core, it cannot be considered AP. Then the original intent of the 1986 bill is restored. Not as grand as eliminating ATF, but much more doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom