• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Please don't carry "pepper spray" unless you have been trained in how to use it and have experienced it. It would be safer for you to carry a sharp dildo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I believe max knife concealed is 3.5" fixed or folder doesn't matter. Open carry knife is fine.

I always find it amusing that I can have several handguns concealed but that a 4" blade concealed is an issue.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    Fair question, I do not know about WV; but here in Maryland if you have a Wear and Carry permit (like CCW), you are exempt from the prohibitation about carrying other weapons. We also have good knife law.

West Virginia does not allow it. It covers pistols/handguns. Period. Here's the WV Code: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/wvcode/code.cfm?chap=61&art=7

The different st@tes go @prox 50/50 on "pistol" permits covering other we@pons.

See above. Code is king.

Please don't carry "pepper spray" unless you have been trained in how to use it and have experienced it. It would be safer for you to carry a sharp dildo.

Well, per WV code that would be usable as a recreational device! :lol2:

That said, definitely agree on the pepper spray... not many folks notice the girl with the bear going after her kayak MISSED the bear as she didn't account for the wind. She's lucky it didn't' blow back in her face, which sadly happens too frequently. Personally, I use it off-schedule to clear my sinuses.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    A fixed blade is not allowed in MD(unless it's been changed recently). Folding knife only. 3.5" blade length

State of Maryland: Fixed blade of any length concealed is a no go. Fixed blade of any length open carry is good to go. Folding knife of any length is considered a "pocket knife" and is legal for open OR concealed carry.

Can you show the law for your 3.5 claim?

Sorry. Didn't remember this post til just now. So it looks like the State does not have a limit on the blade length you can carry, 3.5" is what I learned growing up. But to further complicate things, when I did a search it appears that local governments(county or municipal) can determine blade length on their own.

http://www.knifeup.com/maryland-knife-laws/

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...on=4-101&ext=html&session=2015RS&tab=subject5

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom