• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    Is their stuff any good?

No offense to OP, but no not really. Considered the most budget of the budget, and i've seen a ton of questionable reviews about being out of spec.

Like anything else, i'm sure it it is hit or miss.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    No offense to OP, but no not really. Considered the most budget of the budget, and i've seen a ton of questionable reviews about being out of spec.

Like anything else, i'm sure it it is hit or miss.

No offense taken. Just thought folks might need another upper. I’ve purchased their stuff before and have had no problems with it. It’s actually performed quite well.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I have a 7.62x39 upper and it has run flawless for years. Even went through SOTAR's AR Armorer course with it and it passed all gauges and inspection. There is nothing high-end about it, but worth ever penny I paid for it. I did upgrade the trigger (more importantly the hammer spring) and firing pin for reliability with hard primers. Eats russian ammo all day long. Of course, YMMV.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I have a 7.62x39 upper and it has run flawless for years. Even went through SOTAR's AR Armorer course with it and it passed all gauges and inspection. There is nothing high-end about it, but worth ever penny I paid for it. I did upgrade the trigger (more importantly the hammer spring) and firing pin for reliability with hard primers. Eats russian ammo all day long. Of course, YMMV.
    I have a 5.56 pistol upper that passed the SOTAR gauging and inspections as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Definitely hit or miss, but they claim to support everything they make if you take the time to ship it back. It's one of those places that if you happen to get something made on a Monday or Friday, good luck..

My 458 socom would FTE from the first round I shot through it. After the first 20 rounds I threw it in the truck until I could look at it at home. Teardown revealed the gas key was flopping loose on the BCG, no locking compound or staking at all. CustServ just said to send it back, I just secured and staked the bolts and it's ran great since.

FWIW, $270 is roughly the costs all the time. They post inflated prices but the $270-$300 range "sale" is always available, or if not, will be within a week or two..

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Using BCA barrel, an Anderson upper and a rando handguard, you can build one for between $200-$250, so perhaps worth it for an extra $20 already built.

But that said, spend an extra ~$50 and build one with a Ballistic Advantage or Rosco Barrel ($150), an Anderson upper ($50) and a rando handguard (PSA, UTG, etc ~$100), and I'd argue you would have a much nicer upper for not much more.

Just my 0.02.

Sirex