• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K3silk

Jul 16, 2008
    Rockville
    Hello, new to building rifles and would just like a quick answer to the question. I currently have a e4 lower that I would like to buy a complete upper for.

Is there a 14.5 Inch heavy barrel complete upper I can buy/order from Bravo Company USA that is Maryland compliant. I just finish shooting my friends upper that he mated his E4 lower and shot wonderful but I'm pretty sure it was not an H-bar.

I emailed them but they replied

"We carry government, lightweight, and stainless steel MILSPEC profile barrels only. Sorry, but we do not know what your state defines as a “heavy barrel” and cannot make a recommendation on what product is legal in your particular state at this current time these laws are enforced. Please check with your state and local municipality for what is legal in your area. Generally ,your state’s department of justice will have detailed information on what components meet their criteria for legality"

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    No to the best of my knowledge BCM does not make an HBAR. BCM does make SDM, SAM-R and SOCOM uppers that are heavy barrels but, because they are not advertised by the manufacturer as HBAR they are not MD legal.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    As great a company as people say they are, they have said they won't advertise them as such, screw them. Because they have a policy of holding people in non-free state by hostage by not selling here.Engage could make you one.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    IIRC, the 14.5" Noveske Afghan barrel is a HBAR. Should be in stock over at Rainier.

K3silk

Jul 16, 2008
    Rockville
    Yeah, this. They have lots of barrel options and if you get one of their uppers, it'll match your E4 lower's finish perfectly. And, you'll be helping out a shop that's helping us out here in MD.
    Yeah you are right... I was thinking about that today and how I much rather just go with the local guy....

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Yeah you are right... I was thinking about that today and how I much rather just go with the local guy....

I would really encourage that. I have a couple of custom E4 rifles from them, and they are solid. Both have 14.7" barrels with a pinned and welded comps and pinned low profile gas blocks. The welds look great and I have total confidence the gas block is not going to budge at all. And I know if their any issues, they will stand by their work - it's really refreshing to see that kind pride and support.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I would really encourage that. I have a couple of custom E4 rifles from them, and they are solid. Both have 14.7" barrels with a pinned and welded comps and pinned low profile gas blocks. The welds look great and I have total confidence the gas block is not going to budge at all. And I know if their any issues, they will stand by their work - it's really refreshing to see that kind pride and support.

This. Engage rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom