• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S.A.M.G.

Nov 7, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    For all those serious shooters out there looking for an accurate way to give firearms instruction without having to buy ammo there is a system called "Beam Hit" and there are several different configurations you can get. My personal system is a Single reactive laser that is placed inside the barrel. The target is a reactive laser receiver that counts hits from the laser in the barrel. the barrel laser is activated by the vibration that occurs when the hammer falls. be sure to use dry fire rounds if necessary. The target has various types of silhouettes that can be placed on it easily. The target can be set to buzz and has a LED counter to automatically count hits, not misses. The advanced versions link a target to a laptop computer and the shooter can shoot and the shots are displayed on the laptop screen to include time between shots, shot groups, and other useful information. Beamhit.com for more information

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    How do you overcome hammer reset on dry-fire rounds? Would someone using this with their carry weapon and snap caps have to manually rack each round?

S.A.M.G.

Nov 7, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    yes you would have to rack it each time. thats the downfall to the system but you can tell from that if your sight picture changes and if you dont have a good sight picture to me this would be a good way to tell

Medic49

Jul 11, 2010
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I searched for "shooting range" near Columbia, MD today and "Beam Hit LLC" popped up just a mile or two away from me. They're listed in the "Gun Instruction / Safety" category.

Anyone familiar with who these people are and what it is exactly they do?

Medic49

Jul 11, 2010
    Do we know if the place in Columbia is a manufacturer/store/warehouse or if it's something altogether different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom