Beat the cold with a this setup BB Gun range.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    I just wanted to share this little setup I have in our basement. Its fun to go down and just plink at some targets on a cold day or if you have the kids over to let them learn how to shoot the bb gun.

Here my basement has a line of about 25 yards so its not a far distance. So making sure you have a good backstop is important. I purchased this
    Do-All Outdoors .22/.17 Bullet Box for 56.96. It is built really well and has no issue at all breaking up the pellets and I have never had one leave the trap. It does get dusty but thats about it.

I am using a Crosman Vantage NP (.177) for reference.

So any questions let me know, but just wanted to share for those who may want a indoor little range. This is a pretty nice setup. I thought I would share.
    20150221_131758 (1).jpg

20150221_131841 (1).jpg

20150221_132127 (1).jpg

osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    Thanks, we enjoy it.

People know its in our basement and when people come over I often get the nudge, hey can we go down and shoot a couple rounds? Its a fun little thing now. Buddy of mine got his own bb gun to bring over. He is certain that Its my gun that makes him miss. LOL. Good times. For 50 bucks and some room...can't beat it.

osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    No I have not took it out yet as we just got it earlier this year. I will take it out to the range when it warms up tho and give you an update. My pellet gun is pretty good and has high fps, It has 0 issue with it at a short distance. I dont see how a .22 would cause this thing an issue at all. I would be shocked if it did.

But I will run it out and take a couple shots at it with a .22 and update everyone.

osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    Wife said if I wanted to put a range in the basement, I had to keep it clean because people would be going down. Soooooo that was a weekend project lol.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Great idea!

I made my pellet trap using an old cardboard wine box and rubber mulch. Two bags of rubber mulch in the box and it works great! No problem stopping my 1000 FPS .177 or 800 FPS .22 pellet guns.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    With that bullet trap, why limit yourself to BB or pellet?

You can shoot .22. :)

Get a can or make an external sound shield. I did one years ago using a large box, with fiberglass insulation inside. A smallish hole at each end, putting the muzzle inside the box, and very low noise foot print.

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I have a similar setup in my basement with the exact same bullet trap. I can confirm that it will handle .22LR just fine, but I stick to airguns due to lead concerns.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I could only dream of a basement like that.
    My house was built about 140 years ago.

Stone and mortar walls with a dirt floor.
    I would be money that somebody or something is buried down their.

stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    Nice set up, me and my boys have been doing a lot of basement shooting and I just bought a 1lb gummy bear and stick small targets to the front of it. Holds a unbelievable amount of .20 and .22 cal pellets with no signs of damage.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    With that bullet trap, why limit yourself to BB or pellet?

You can shoot .22. :)

Get a can or make an external sound shield. I did one years ago using a large box, with fiberglass insulation inside. A smallish hole at each end, putting the muzzle inside the box, and very low noise foot print.

The real question is "who's got .22 to shoot?" :)

But, BBs are available, over the counter no less since the Moms Demanding Action haven't regulated the life out of it yet. :lol2:

-M

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom