• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pyramid

MDS Supporter
    Sep 27, 2008
    AACO
    The belly band they sell at glockstore is comfortable even if you wear it low of your waist. Problem is that is nearly impossible to reholster.

I found the crossbreed supertuck (iwb) holsters seem comfortable even getting in an out of car often.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    Pocket carry instead? Something like a Kahr PM9. Its a size compromise but highly concealable and comfortable.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I saw the phlster enigma posted, wonder if that might do the trick?
    Looks interesting.
    Most of the Belly belts appear to have no hard shell holster,, no trigger protection.
    So the Enigma is a plus,,, just wondering how the string around your leg would feel ?

Edit: all the pictures/video of the Enigma,, it appears to be an IWB chassis,, aka belt-less IWB,,
    I need to have the gun above my waste band, so I can comfortably drive, squat, bend over.

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Sounds like you could AIWB with a decent holster, although the CZ Compacts might be a little long for that. I don't think I could be comfortable with my PCR riding there.

I EDC a P365 or P365X at 11 o'clock and have no trouble carrying in a loose-fitting T-shirt. I used to carry a BullDog .44 same way, but the muzzle would poke at me enough that I wanted a smaller gun for daily use. Thinner was also a bonus. No one I have been near has even suspected I'm carrying a handgun. I can drive, sit, stand and bend over without printing and unless I needed to belly-crawl, the gun is secure and not in the way.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Pocket carry instead? Something like a Kahr PM9. Its a size compromise but highly concealable and comfortable.
    My Hellcat is about a 1/2" longer, otherwise about the same size.
    Not sure on the pocket carry,,, it would have to be in some sort of hard pocket holster,, don't need "glock leg"

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I do appreciate everyone's opinions,, taking it all in.

BTW,, Carhartt cargo pants and T-shirt 99.99% of the time,, with a hoodie in the winter

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If you're wearing cargo pants, you can probably fit a micro 9 in a cargo pocket and still be able to crawl in crawl spaces and attics. The presentation won't be fast, but you'll have it.

For 14 years I have carried a Kimber Pepper Blaster in a pocket holster in my right rear pocket. No one seems to notice it. I carry it every day on job sites, doing home improvements and remodels. It doesn't hamper my movements.

The point is, the Pepper Blaster is the exact size of my Ruger LCP. If I can carry the Pepper Blaster every day on the job, I can carry the LCP the same way.

At the very least, I'll bet you can carry an LCP in a back pocket while crawling under houses. Switch to front pocket/IWB/appendix when practicable. Or try a micro 9 in a cargo pocket.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I see the HellCat Micro is almost the same size as my Sig P365. I'm right handed and carry at 11 as a RH cross-draw.

You might stop at BassPro and grab a small IWB for your HellCat and try it for a day or two. Keep the packaging intact and the receipt, and if you don't like it, just take it back 'as new'. I tried a Mini-Tuck for my P365 and didn't like it...packed it up, took it back and they more or less cheerfully refunded my money.

IMO the biggest thing with personal safety and these little striker-fired guns is being super careful when holstering. Seems like most NDs occur during the holstering process or shortly following. I usually holster the gun, then put the whole deal on/off together - guaranteed nothing to foul the trigger and I've become pretty good at manipulating the belt clip. I only take the gun out of the holster about once a week to shoot it.

Apr 19, 2022
    Maryland
    +1 for Enigma. While it's not as "comfortable" as a simple AWIB clipped to a belt, the concealment and mobility while maintaining trigger safety seem un-matched. Not to mention the customization that can be accomplished to increase comfort or concealment. Always a trade-off.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'd throw it in a small fanny pack and slide it to either side. That way the pack isn't in your abdomen if you are bending over. This way it is essentially "OWB" and very comfortable.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    My carry would be in the Hellcat OSP to CZ Compact size

I'm not familiar with the OSP but the CZ is way, way too big and too heavy for carry in an elastic band, IMO. I have a belly band that I have tried out around the house. The smallest firearms I have are an LC9 and P938, and I did not feel comfortable using it with them. They are both much smaller than a CZ compact.

It would probably be very usable with an LCP or LCP Max size handgun.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I do appreciate everyone's opinions,, taking it all in.

BTW,, Carhartt cargo pants and T-shirt 99.99% of the time,, with a hoodie in the winter

Ok , time to invoke the * First Day of Engineering School * . Sub section to the effect of " if something seems impossible , you need to reexamine the actual problem t9 be solved , make sure of the dynamic interactions , and tweak the parameters .

Goal :

Be meaningfully armed , with reasonably decent power , ability to make reasonably decent , reasonably fast Hits , out to general putpose defensive distance .

Be able to whip out your Roscoe tout suite , And rapidly reholster .

And not interfere with doing what you do , and dress how you dress currently .

Doesn't quite have Plan Come Together .

Possible tweaks of parameters :

Downsize gun .

Compromise holstering , to accept somewhat slow draw . and not care about reholstering.
    With literally the same clothes . you will be exploring micro 9 to fit cargo pocket , or accepting to drop your pants to reholster .

OR , add a Dickies or Carhart work shirt over the tee shirt . It will be usable for doing what you do , and blend in for people who do what you do , and not stand out . And thus be able to carry real pistol , in mainstream full service holster .

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    As was mentioned upthread, this sound like what the OP needs. Check it out.
    There is a separate thread on the Enigma. NOTE: I'll admit I'm an Enigma fanboy and love mine. YMMV.

60 Days with a PHLster Enigma Express Holster System

I also have a Crossbreed bellyband and it did not work for me. Most likely due to my muffin top.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I'd throw it in a small fanny pack and slide it to either side. That way the pack isn't in your abdomen if you are bending over. This way it is essentially "OWB" and very comfortable.
    That would seem to solve 100% of the logistical/function issues,,
    While it would add 2 new issues that are purely "mental"
    1) It's a fanny pack and I would need to buy Crooks and white socks.
    2) I would feel like the firearm is not as "secure" from a snatch and grab.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Ok , time to invoke the * First Day of Engineering School * . Sub section to the effect of " if something seems impossible , you need to reexamine the actual problem t9 be solved , make sure of the dynamic interactions , and tweak the parameters .

Goal :

Be meaningfully armed , with reasonably decent power , ability to make reasonably decent , reasonably fast Hits , out to general putpose defensive distance .

Be able to whip out your Roscoe tout suite , And rapidly reholster .

And not interfere with doing what you do , and dress how you dress currently .

Doesn't quite have Plan Come Together .

Possible tweaks of parameters :

Downsize gun .

Compromise holstering , to accept somewhat slow draw . and not care about reholstering.
    With literally the same clothes . you will be exploring micro 9 to fit cargo pocket , or accepting to drop your pants to reholster .

OR , add a Dickies or Carhart work shirt over the tee shirt . It will be usable for doing what you do , and blend in for people who do what you do , and not stand out . And thus be able to carry real pistol , in mainstream full service holster .
    Agreed,
    I probably need to just clear my mind of my "uninformed" ideas,, get a simple OWB holster and wear a hoodie or pull over shirt/sweater (now that cold weather is here.) , And get some experience carrying in my day to day activities.
    I don't need firepower to "stand my ground" or prolonged gun battles,,, Just enough to stall/stop a threat and get the heck through a door or window to the outside,, or point blank confrontation such as a car jacking.
    Reholstering is of zero concern,, if the firearm is coming out - either I am dead or there will be a ton of police presence in 2-3 minutes.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That would seem to solve 100% of the logistical/function issues,,
    While it would add 2 new issues that are purely "mental"
    1) It's a fanny pack and I would need to buy Crooks and white socks.
    2) I would feel like the firearm is not as "secure" from a snatch and grab.
    You're looking for the perfect set up and you're not going to find it. You are limiting yourself because you are over thinking every scenario.
    Here's the rub. You are a working guy first, carrier second. You're not a carrier who just happens to have to do some occasional work.
    What kind of snatch and grabs are going to happen when you are inside a house?

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I'm not familiar with the OSP but the CZ is way, way too big and too heavy for carry in an elastic band, IMO. I have a belly band that I have tried out around the house. The smallest firearms I have are an LC9 and P938, and I did not feel comfortable using it with them. They are both much smaller than a CZ compact.

It would probably be very usable with an LCP or LCP Max size handgun.
    The Hellcat OSP, is just the Hellcat with factory optic (Shield SMSc)
    I have "migrated" to the CZs in the last years (P-01, Compact, RAMI),, but even the RAMI is a hefty gun.
    I think the CZs may not work for what I have in my mind as far as "carrying".

The Hellcat is about as small as I think I want to go,, and have reasonable control of the gun,,, but maybe I should try some of the smaller guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom