• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    so last Wednesday (9/21), couple buddies and I were leaving Memories. I got home and my phone rang, one of the guys was about 2 mins behind me and said I missed all the excitement... he stopped for gas at Ridgeville, said while he was fueling up, a whole bunch of ATV and dirtbike riders came blasting thru the intersection with Mt Airy police in hot pursuit, lights flashing and sirens wailing.

I guess I live in a bubble and had no idea those kind of shennanigans went on around here, I thought they occurred down in the city, so this is my shocked face... anyone else here about this?

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    ATV's ride around here all the time, but they're always the utility type, not the street-burner type. So it would depend on which type (and how many) to determine who it was.
    But we're right off the highway so we get all sorts stopping by. It'd be a long haul from B'more to here via a little ATV.

ETA I see you're a MtA'er too, so I'm sure you already know this.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Saw a bunch of kids ripping around on the roads with dirt bikes and ATV’s in Sabillasville, Md. Saturday. Definitely was not the B’moe crowd.

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    I have a couple youngins from a neighboring development by me who zip around on my street. I figure they will learn their lesson when they fly around a corner and end up under one of the cars in my neighborhood who also fly.

As for those goofballs flying around town being chased by our local Barney fifes (our local PD is a nothing but a running joke), they will learn this isn’t the city.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    ATV's ride around here all the time, but they're always the utility type, not the street-burner type. So it would depend on which type (and how many) to determine who it was.
    But we're right off the highway so we get all sorts stopping by. It'd be a long haul from B'more to here via a little ATV.

ETA I see you're a MtA'er too, so I'm sure you already know this.
    ya, but only normaly 1 or 2 at a time, so I dunno. i didn't witness this and my buddy isn;t knowledgable so who knows. I may or may not have ridden mine all over the roads west of town during past snowstorms before the roads are plowed...

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Mt Airy PD posted online couple of months ago about a dirt bike they were trying to stop. It was Red. Lol

Sent from an undisclosed location.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Mt Airy PD posted online couple of months ago about a dirt bike they were trying to stop. It was Red. Lol

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Actually it was a 3wheeler . Wanted for traffic infractions only.
    fcdc329b9a130b8ed4156729e1de72df.jpg

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I have noticed more and more of these bands of azzholes taking to the streets in the counties now. Was a city thing and they are expanding their horizons and getting brazen. I see them late at night in groups riding wheelies down the road and also obstructing drivers of cars. One night I saw the law chasing them and also was a chopper keeping up with chase. I believe they caught a few. They broke up in groups to elude police.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Local kids trying to copy what the cool city kids are doimg..doing...

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    these kids on 4 wheelers are the little well you know whats that stole the flag on my mailbox. cant wait for mt airy's finest to catch them.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    these kids on 4 wheelers are the little well you know whats that stole the flag on my mailbox. cant wait for mt airy's finest to catch them.
    You're outside of their jurisdiction, aren't you? They can only cover MtA proper (IE water bill people)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom