• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don't know much about him. My vote is up for grabs, so I'll be interested to see the platforms that some of these folks push forward.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    There's a lot I like about him but I want a candidate with executive experience. Scott Walker is who I'm looking towards right now, but I can be convinced otherwise.
    I'll give Dr. Carson credit, he's probably the most honest and forthright candidate we've seen in many decades. I'm sure he would do a great job and right now he runs a close second to Walker.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    He needs local experience, we all know that the POTUS doesn't need to be well versed in every aspect of the job as long as they have good people around them but it helps to know the playbook.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    He's a brilliant man and has saved countless lives. That said I don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell of winning. I think he's the most honest one out there. But that means nothing, just look at Mr. Transparency who's in office now. Another guy that will need to be screwed into the ground when he croaks.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    He's a brilliant man and has saved countless lives. That said I don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell of winning. I think he's the most honest one out there. But that means nothing, just look at Mr. Transparency who's in office now. Another guy that will need to be screwed into the ground when he croaks.

Sadly I agree but only because the Republican party won't let him pass muster.
    I think if he won the ticket nomination (and that's a big if), he could run away with the election against whoever the left puts up there.

Last edited:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I don't think he will make it to very far. he is too honest and the dems and rebs will tear him apart one way or the other.

I like walker also, he may have a chance. I hope so.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Ben Carson is withdrawing. He sees no path forward.

Ironic he's leaving just before his hometown debate in Motown. Too bad. Good man. He could contribute enormously to the next administration and the country in any number of positions.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I suspect all the remaining candidates will be seeking his support. He conducted himself as a citizen-patriot, which not surprisingly garnered him a lot of fans in this forum. :thumbsup:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Ironic he's leaving just before his hometown debate in Motown. Too bad. Good man. He could contribute enormously to the next administration and the country in any number of positions.

YUP!

Wonder if/when he'll endorse another candidate.

Before March 8th would be ideal.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    He would have been my first choice. Neophyte and all, he's a solid citizen and would have been a great guy to have in the Whitehouse after this debacle we are enduring now.

Carson also studied harder and learned more about the economy, the country, the world, and how to address today's issues in less than one year of campaigning for the WH than Obama ever did in seven years in the WH, one term in the U.S. Senate, years in the Illinois Senate, and as a "Constitutional law professor" at U. of Chicago.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    He was the first presidential candidate I've ever given money too. First candidate was Nancy Jacobs.

I'm starting to loose faith in the system.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    He was the first presidential candidate I've ever given money too. First candidate was Nancy Jacobs.

I'm starting to loose faith in the system.

Don't. A complete unknown in politics made it to the final five candidates of a hotly contested Republican primaries, outlasting current/former governors Christie, Huckabee, Perry, Jindal, and Walker, current/former senators, etc. He did it with a small (and largely inexperienced) campaign staff and no real fund raising apparatus. He ran into the hardball of national politics in Iowa, where if he performed better, he might still be in contention. Those who supported Carson helped him achieve the success that he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom