• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Gentlepeople,

As the title suggests, I have a Benchmade 140SBT Nimravus. It is my favorite fixed blade and has a bit of sentimental meaning for me. Unfortunately, the thumb lock is worn out and basically doesn't help with any sort of retention.

I've contacted Benchmade and they neither have a replacement part or a replacement sheath as the product is discontinued. I've seen third party kydex sheaths but I'd prefer the locking retention instead of relying upon a squeeze/friction fit.

The sheath P/N is BM981914F.

Does anyone know someone who could perhaps do a repair? Maybe take the old part and do a 3D print with a durable material?

I want to give this knife to my oldest and he'll be doing a bunch of high speed stuff with it (free fall etc). I've got plenty of time so a solution can be whenever it is available.

Attachments

• SWG_WEAP_FIXE_0002_024.jpg
      SWG_WEAP_FIXE_0002_024.jpg
      40.8 KB · Views: 186

2ndCharter

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Can’t help you but I have that same knife but totally different sheath. Did Benchmade sell that sheath standard with the knife at one time or was it an option? I bet the sheath will be worth more than the knife someday.

If I recall correctly it was an upgrade option when you bought directly from Benchmade.

Don Galt

Feb 8, 2022
    SOMD
    Gentlepeople,

As the title suggests, I have a Benchmade 140SBT Nimravus. It is my favorite fixed blade and has a bit of sentimental meaning for me. Unfortunately, the thumb lock is worn out and basically doesn't help with any sort of retention.

I've contacted Benchmade and they neither have a replacement part or a replacement sheath as the product is discontinued. I've seen third party kydex sheaths but I'd prefer the locking retention instead of relying upon a squeeze/friction fit.

The sheath P/N is BM981914F.

Does anyone know someone who could perhaps do a repair? Maybe take the old part and do a 3D print with a durable material?

I want to give this knife to my oldest and he'll be doing a bunch of high speed stuff with it (free fall etc). I've got plenty of time so a solution can be whenever it is available.

Mine had the same problem w/ no retention. Then I tried to press it harder and the entire thing snapped off. Please let me know if you find a solution. I would be very interested!

Attachments

• E31E0B13-617F-4796-8683-B06D04590431.jpg
      E31E0B13-617F-4796-8683-B06D04590431.jpg
      198.7 KB · Views: 135

2ndCharter

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Update:

I never found a 3D printed lock or another one of these sheaths. I spoke to Benchmade several times and they couldn't help me.

I finally broke down and got a kydex sheath from an independent craftsman, RK Customs. I got it with the optional large Tek-Lok and the landed cost was $52.66.

A lot, I know, but remember that this blade is special to me.

I carry it on a battle belt, twice per day, that is used to walk my K9 just over 1 mile each time. I tore my shoulder in the fall when the 90 lb mutt took off after a rabbit and broke her lead. Now she's on my waist with HD links and a quick release.

So I'm not "drawing" my blade very often but after several weeks of use, I can say that it is a good fit and retention is great.

Attachments

• sheath.jpg
      sheath.jpg
      416.4 KB · Views: 60
    • leash.jpg
      leash.jpg
      352.4 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member