Benchmade mini Infidel or HK Turmoil OTF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    The Infidel is a good OTF knife. The action is smooth and fast!

Attachments

• BMI (1).jpg
      BMI (1).jpg
      65.3 KB · Views: 256
    • BMI2.jpg
      BMI2.jpg
      78.7 KB · Views: 241

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just got this sweet thing. Couple pictures.
    Great otf for concealment, in the waistband for sure. Here are a few pics in the pocket, sitting and closed/open on the bar at Larry's tavern ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1462737100072.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1462737100072.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 232
    • uploadfromtaptalk1462737110363.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1462737110363.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 227
    • uploadfromtaptalk1462737121478.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1462737121478.jpg
      36.6 KB · Views: 235
    • uploadfromtaptalk1462737133952.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1462737133952.jpg
      35.4 KB · Views: 233

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Great looking knife. Hate to ask, but whats the legality of carrying this ?
    In most of MD, if not law enforcement, open carry of an automatic knife should be legal. Whether having a clipped knife visibly protruding from one's pocket is sufficient, I don't know. Note, some municipalities have stricter knife ordinances (e.g. Baltimore County and Ocean City) that likely prohibit all carry of automatic or assisted opening knives.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The other difference is that you guys can purchase automatics in state. Non law enforcement can purchase out of state (where legal), possess in state, and can gift/inherit in state, just not sell/buy. Again, laws created because there was a fear of automatics (most likely from movies) and no data showing such knives created an increased danger to society. And yet such restrictions continue to stand.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    In most of MD, if not law enforcement, open carry of an automatic knife should be legal. Whether having a clipped knife visibly protruding from one's pocket is sufficient, I don't know. Note, some municipalities have stricter knife ordinances (e.g. Baltimore County and Ocean City) that likely prohibit all carry of automatic or assisted opening knives.

The Turmoil is more practical, better utility blade shape, slider on the side, weighs the same as the fatter, shorter mini-infidel, but has 1/2" more blade. That being said, the Infidel, large and mini are just F-ing cool, a bit more pronounced guard, and better traction, better for defense if that is a consideration. Just be careful you don't snag the infidel's flat mounted slider on it's way out, I did messing with one, was lucky it popped a hole in my jeans and not in me, for that reason I like side sliders, they line up with your thumb when drawing, and are less prone to snag and deploy.
    I don't have a case on this, but one of my criminal-defense lunch mates (who himself has an automatic) told me that whether an automatic knife clipped and protruding slightly out of the pocket is concealed or open carry is an issue for the trier of fact (i.e., a jury or the judge in a bench trial) to determine.

If so, assume you will be arrested carrying it that way if you find yourself in some situation where a cop realizes it is an automatic.

At our next lunch I'll ask him if he has a case site for that proposition.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    The Turmoil is more practical, better utility blade shape, slider on the side, weighs the same as the fatter, shorter mini-infidel, but has 1/2" more blade. That being said, the Infidel, large and mini are just F-ing cool, a bit more pronounced guard, and better traction, better for defense if that is a consideration. Just be careful you don't snag the infidel's flat mounted slider on it's way out, I did messing with one, was lucky it popped a hole in my jeans and not in me, for that reason I like side sliders, they line up with your thumb when drawing, and are less prone to snag and deploy.

Agreed. Have tried both full-sized models and will get the Benchmade/HK as soon as I can for the reasons you mentioned and better overall value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom