• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Bring this back to the top with an observation, got to shoot my brothers Benelli sporting gun today. Broke the birds and handled vey well, the one thing I noticed was it had considerably more recoil than my Fabarm with the same loads, guess thats the difference between recoil operated and gas operated.

I noticed the same thing today, and shot a Beretta A400 along side it. The A400, while heavier, mitigated recoil much better. That said, the Benelli is a nice gun and I look forward to shooting it again.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Shot a few rounds of trap with it last Thursday at Metro Trap Club, and this gun is growing on me. I think that I'd still prefer a Beretta A400 XCEL, as I am not a bird hunter, and all of my shotgunning is done on orange clays.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Shot a few rounds of trap with it last Thursday at Metro Trap Club, and this gun is growing on me. I think that I'd still prefer a Beretta A400 XCEL, as I am not a bird hunter, and all of my shotgunning is done on orange clays.

I just wanted to follow-up on this old thread and find out if you still like the Benelli Ethos. I've been eyeing one for a while and thought that I should check with you for your opinion. Would you buy it again if you had the choice? Any issues that one should be aware of with the shotgun? Thanks for your help.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom