• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Grab a gun has the SDS S4 in stock for $399 + $8 shipping to my preferred FFL. So obviously I bought one. Will run 50 rounds of heavier buckshot or slugs through it and if the carrier and pistons don’t peen out, I’ll start the upgrade process.

Time to sell my Remington 870 that I haven’t shot since buying my 590a1 SBS.

Lemme see that 870

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Lemme see that 870
    PM me your email or cell # and I’ll send pics when I have a chance to dig it out of the safe. It’s an express but I changed out the bottom metal and trigger components to the police magnum version (all steel), installed Magpul SGA furniture, and may have done some other stuff I don’t remember. I was going to SBS it until the 590a1 SBS police trade ins showed up on the market for $350 or so.

One caveat: Omicron is currently raging through my household giving us all mild colds, and I finally became symptomatic yesterday. So based on CDC guidance I can’t ship or meet you at an FFL to transfer until Thursday at the absolute earliest. Possibly longer depending on how long it takes the symptoms to go away and/or when tests become available again and I test negative.

yeehall

Dec 21, 2020
    Beretta makes their own Turkish M4 clone, the Stoeger M3000 Freedom Series. Its not an exact clone (sights are different etc) but a lot of the internals are the same (interchangeable springs and such). The M3000 is used for a lot of 3-gun stuff so there is a support market for the exterior parts too. Mine has been through several iterations, from the black tactical with mlok furniture, to wood furniture with longer barrel for clays.

View attachment 330953

Its not an M4 but its pretty close and 1/4 the price

Attachments

• 20210218_215754.jpg
      20210218_215754.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 393

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Beretta makes their own Turkish M4 clone, the Stoeger M3000 Freedom Series. Its not an exact clone (sights are different etc) but a lot of the internals are the same (interchangeable springs and such). The M3000 is used for a lot of 3-gun stuff so there is a support market for the exterior parts too. Mine has been through several iterations, from the black tactical with mlok furniture, to wood furniture with longer barrel for clays.

View attachment 330953

Its not an M4 but its pretty close and 1/4 the price
    I’m not a shotgun expert but I think the operating system is completely different on the Stoeger M3000. It’s inertia driven kind of like an M2 (except placement for the springs is different) and the M4 clones use the “ARGO” piston system. It is possible that some of the components are interchangeable with the M4 though. I will say I have heard a lot more good than bad about the M3000s, and up until these caught my attention an M3000 upgraded by MOA precision was what I was planning on eventually buying.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Got a new part for my Turknelli last night:

Benelli M4 recoil spring.

Once i get a set of good snap ring pliers i will remove the old one, install this one and give a comparison.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    What makes the Benelli better?

I’m not sure, but they were the ones who determined what spring rate was best, and i want to see just how closely the turks copied it.

Also someone had found the trigger assembly springs different in length from a real M4.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I put the TTI handle in, but it definitely required some love taps due to being a few thousandths thicker. Probably won't be a lot of fun to pull it out.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I put the TTI handle in, but it definitely required some love taps due to being a few thousandths thicker. Probably won't be a lot of fun to pull it out.
    Nothing better than meatball surgery on foreign made knock offs of western firearms.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Uhh, the benelli M4 is a foreign gun as well. Thats why the 2000.00 perfect shotgun needs another 1000.00 dropped into it to “improve” it.
    Slow down there fella. 1.) I said Western. Historically speaking, Italy is considered to be in the Western World. 2.) I literally just bought an SDS S4 and am going to do the exact same thing to it as you guys.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Could've dressed down the handle a little with a stone or something. That being said I don't know if it's an odd shape what I'm proposing may be silly

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Could've dressed down the handle a little with a stone or something. That being said I don't know if it's an odd shape what I'm proposing may be silly
    I hit it with a file, but the coating was pretty hard.

I did buy an SDS Duo-Sys (M3 clone), and will start a thread about it when it comes in, including tear-down photos. Assuming it's roughly the same thing as the Tec-12, I think I have a solution for a stock that will suck less than factory. With that, a new follower, and a US made choke, I believe I will be past the 922r cut-off and can start figuring out the magazine tube extension situation.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I hit it with a file, but the coating was pretty hard.

I did buy an SDS Duo-Sys (M3 clone), and will start a thread about it when it comes in, including tear-down photos. Assuming it's roughly the same thing as the Tec-12, I think I have a solution for a stock that will suck less than factory. With that, a new follower, and a US made choke, I believe I will be past the 922r cut-off and can start figuring out the magazine tube extension situation.
    I am not going to lie, I am strongly considering one of these just because the dual operating system is so neat.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am not going to lie, I am strongly considering one of these just because the dual operating system is so neat.
    I'll let you know what I discover. Note that I am ASSUMING this is the same gun as the Tristar Tec-12, but there's really no guarantee that I won't encounter Tac-12 vs S4 -style differences in its construction and parts selection. Depending on the choices, those may even be beneficial - for example, if they used the same recoil tube as on the S4 (even though there's no actual recoil assembly to put in it), that might let me use a Mesa Urbino. We'll see.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Are they still billing the dual mechanism as a "do all" gun like the SPAS 12? Pump for low power and less than lethal loads and automatic for bigger shells?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom