• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    Friends-Thought I would share a cool little pistol discovered in my buddies dads house after his passing. I had never seen one of these before...its an interesting little pocket pistol...anyone have any time with these?

Comments appreciated as they will drive if he keeps it. Sad to say he did not pick up the shooting sport such as his dad has...I will post a few other interesting finds like the AR-18 0

Attachments

• IMG_7895.jpg
      IMG_7895.jpg
      78.1 KB · Views: 392
    • IMG_7896.jpg
      IMG_7896.jpg
      75 KB · Views: 385
    • IMG_7897.jpg
      IMG_7897.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 402

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Not worth much. Well maybe in today’s market it’s worth Eleventy billion but it’s a $300 gun normally

One of them had cracking issues 25/32

The 22 is really cool and legit sounds like an old western when shot suppressed. I want an INOX 22 version but i never see them at the right time

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Good little guns. .25 supposedly gives more reliable ignition than a rimfire so some people preferred them back in the day over the 21a (.22LR version). Tip up barrel also appeals to some who don't have the strength to rack a slide.

.25 isn't as in fashion as it was and it would be low on my list of defensive rounds but it is a quality pistol and if it appeals to you then rock on with it.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Owned one back in the early 70's. Easy to shoot and quite accurate at normal defensive range (inside 5 yards).
    Not what I'd carry now but a fun gun to have.
    As stated above, load a full magazine and tip up barrel for the +1 in the barrel without having to rack the slide.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Friends-Thought I would share a cool little pistol discovered in my buddies dads house after his passing. I had never seen one of these before...its an interesting little pocket pistol...anyone have any time with these?

Comments appreciated as they will drive if he keeps it. Sad to say he did not pick up the shooting sport such as his dad has...I will post a few other interesting finds like the AR-18 0

I like mine. I bought it because I was sitting on a ton of .25. It goes bang every time, I even tried to shoot a qual course with it. OK 3,7yds, but my oldish eyes + minuscule sights had a hard time at 15&25.

I think that I got "Lucky" once at 25.

Carries well in a pocket. It does what it was designed to do.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I worked at Beretta for 10 years. I own several of the small frame guns. the silly tilt up Barrel that was mentioned earlier, is for putting a round in the chamber without racking the slide. so if you have weak hand strength, you can simply put a round in the chamber. and let the gun cycle the slide as its fired if that makes any sense ?

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Yes, I have the one in stainless steel and blued (my dad's, which he never fired). I also have the double action .22LR Mod. 21A. I'm not a fan of two-tone stainless guns and I wish Beretta had nickel-plated the blued parts. They're great if you have to discreetly carry in states that aren't lightyears from where I'm now sitting.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    IIRC, this gun was meant to be carried with one in the chamber. The recoil spring was never meant to be hand compressed to load a cartridge.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    These little guns should be legal for concealed carry in Maryland by anyone. No one in his right mind would want to commit suicide with one. And it would be a stupid gun to rob a bank or 7/11 with. Hardened criminals wouldn't want to use them to stake out territories and they would have some deterrent on getting robbed or for a woman who doesn't want to be shoved into a car or be molested, or a guy who might be robbed or be a victim of a car-jacking. For criminal use, treat them as firearms; for citizen use, treat them like a folding knife. Make people take a course to carry one (like their idiotic HQL). Let them buy regular guns the same as now, just legalize the Berettas for carry purposes.

I was thinking of having mine drilled and tapped for a frame-mounted x4 scope, then adding a 50-round drum magazine. Oh, and a muzzle brake, flash suppression, 6-inch double-bladed bayonet and ivory grips would be nice. I also was thinking about a folding stock, but don't want to overdo it.

I'd also want it to be engraved if you know anyone.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    I’ve got a 21a in .25 acp; essentially the same pistol. Nice little pistol, more accurate than you’d think. My uncle gave it to me when I was in college - it was my first gun. I’ve never had any feed issues, but people with the .22 version of the 21a complain about them being picky.

It’s the Tomcat in .32 that had frame cracking issues, not the 950 or 21a.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    It doesn't have an extractor! A round in the chamber must be removed by tipping the barrel up. Working the slide will not eject a loaded round.

Uh, the several ones I have shot will indeed eject the shell. The tip up barrel is to load the plus one so you don't have to rack the slide. They are hoot to shoot suppressed.

Attachments

• 21a.jpg
      21a.jpg
      132.9 KB · Views: 136
    • 21abigcan.jpg
      21abigcan.jpg
      125.6 KB · Views: 144

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    Beretta now makes the 21a with a threaded barrel. The Silencer Store and others provide a service to extend and thread non-threaded barrels. I'd prefer getting a replacement barrel directly from Beretta but don't know if that's an option.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Were did you find a mount for it ( suppressor )

John at Duffy's custom made the extension and threading.

Beretta now makes the 21a with a threaded barrel. The Silencer Store and others provide a service to extend and thread non-threaded barrels. I'd prefer getting a replacement barrel directly from Beretta but don't know if that's an option.

I didn't know if factory barrels are an option. BTW, the barrel are pressed in and NOT easy to swap. The extra one I bought needed to be fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom