• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    Throwing this out there if anyone knows if someone makes them. I have a Beretta Storm CX4 carbine. It shoots 9mm and uses the PX4 mags. Standard is 17 rd mags, I have found 20 rd factory mags, but would something bigger, like some 30's. Anyone know if there are any out there?

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    So without converting the gun, the answer is no, Beretta does not make a mag larger than 20 rds. to fit a CX4 - Thanks

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    I have a CX4 that takes 92 mags I have 30 rounders for it

I was told after I bought the gun, there are two different versions of it. One that takes the 92 mags and the other that takes the PX mags. Had I known at the time I would of bought the other, but I didn't so I am stuck with 20 rounders or convert the gun to accept 92 mags. Not that big of a deal, just have to buy a few extra mags for when I go shooting... I have three 17 and three 20's for it already...

Attachments

• storm.JPG
      storm.JPG
      45.6 KB · Views: 146

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    In all honesty is 10 more rounds going to make that much more of a difference? I have a converted CX4 that takes PX4 mags and have no problem with the fact that I can only get 20 rounders.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    In all honesty is 10 more rounds going to make that much more of a difference? I have a converted CX4 that takes PX4 mags and have no problem with the fact that I can only get 20 rounders.

Not really, just less mags to carry and deal with. When I go shooting I like to load everything the night before and head out. That way I spend my time shooting and not reloading mags. I think I have about 50 AR mags, I never have to worry about those at the range.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Not really, just less mags to carry and deal with. When I go shooting I like to load everything the night before and head out. That way I spend my time shooting and not reloading mags. I think I have about 50 AR mags, I never have to worry about those at the range.

You dont have to worry about them at the range, but you may on the way to it. Some people think transporting loaded mags with an unloaded gun is illegal while others don't. My point is 50+ loaded AR and pistol mags might not look good no matter what your reason is if you were to have a run in with the police.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    i have a mecgar 30 rounder for my 92a1, and that thing is a monster to load after 15 rounds in...honestly its just a novelty to me...20 rounders would be the way to go IMHO.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    You dont have to worry about them at the range, but you may on the way to it. Some people think transporting loaded mags with an unloaded gun is illegal while others don't. My point is 50+ loaded AR and pistol mags might not look good no matter what your reason is if you were to have a run in with the police.

I'm not concerned about being stopped by the police

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    PX4 mags seem really hard to find right now, At a reasonable price anyway. Also as far as i know 20rds is the biggest PX4 mag they make. I thought all CX models took the 92 series mags?

enya60h

Dec 10, 2011
    had the beretta storm 40 cal traded in on hk 40 still have 3 mags how can i tell what mags they are anyhelp!! Thanks mark

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    had the beretta storm 40 cal traded in on hk 40 still have 3 mags how can i tell what mags they are anyhelp!! Thanks mark
    if you have storm px4 mags ,i have pmags and glock 22 mags to trade or i will buy...also have .223 and .40 ammo to trade

and px4 mags have an indented ridge one the right side,leading edge approx. 1" long from the top that isnt mirrored on the left side....regular 92 mags should kinda mirror each other on the sides....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom