• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drott

Apr 18, 2007
    JU2S60X_S_maxi.jpg

I was checking out a Beretta U22 (22LR) pistol at the gunstore today (while looking at Glocks again), and I really liked the feel of it compared to the other similar 22 handguns. It had more comfortable and natural ergonomics than any of the others, although the ruger was a close second (and I know the rugers shoot very well). It looked to be very well built and seemed to be of decent quality. Plus although I prefer larger caliber "real" handguns to be stylistically conservative, I thought its space age look was pretty cool and somehow appropriate for a "fun little 22". Anyway, I wasn't really thinking about getting a 22 pistol when I went into the store, but I'm strongly considering buying one now. I think I might go for the longer barreled version for target shooting. What do you guys think? Anyone have experience with these U22's? Are they any good? How do they rank up against the competition? (that's in the same price range) They seem reasonably priced, if they had the one I wanted in stock I definitely would have impulse bought it right there and then. (or paid for it anyway :o)

Any thoughts or advice on the U22 welcome, thanks.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    i can't put my hands on the reviews that i saw some time ago, but the concensus seemed to be that you'd be better off staying with some of the tried and true .22s such as the Ruger MkII/MkIII and 2245, Browning Buckmark, the SW family, or even the Walther.

I can tell you from a lot of experience that even the low end of the SW 22 series, the 2206, is an excellent value in the used gun case (it's discontinued). The other SWs that I've shot were equally nice.

I like the MkII but get tired of the disassembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom