• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so I figured I'd start here. I'm looking to (ultimately ) have a suppressed bolt action ed repeater 22 rifle. I need to start off with the basic platform that has a threaded barrel. I know many start off with a Savage, but are there other alternatives? Cost is a consideration. .. I think the Savage basic rifle is around $250... thanks in advance.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I have the FV-SR and honestly, best bang for the buck. Put a new stock on it and your golden. If you want a shooter and can spring more than the $250, CZ all the way.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    I have a Savage and it's ok, but my CZ452 16" is far smoother and solid.. The savage feels cheap and chintzy... You get what you pay for..I think I payed around $400 for it.. Probably going to be a little hard to find now since they have been discontinued in favor of the 455...

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a CZ 452 Varmit that is a tack driver. But like someone said, hard to find. I think the Savage is hard to beat, but also look at the Ruger American Rimfire series. You can get a threaded model for around 350 ish if recall.
    If you find something decent used, you can have the barrel threaded, but plan on ~$100 for that to be done right.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    I went with the Savage FV-SR. I pillar bedded it into a Boyd's Pro Varmint stock with some pillars I made out of aluminum 45acp snap caps and JB weld. I've been happy with it so far.
    20150921_164406.jpg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Don't forget about the CZ 455 Tacticool. It's a step up in price from the FVSR but its worth it. Both are great rifles though and I'm sure you'd get years of fun out of either. Pretty sure both are in stock at 2A Sales & Supplies.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so I figured I'd start here. I'm looking to (ultimately ) have a suppressed bolt action ed repeater 22 rifle. I need to start off with the basic platform that has a threaded barrel. I know many start off with a Savage, but are there other alternatives? Cost is a consideration. .. I think the Savage basic rifle is around $250... thanks in advance.

I can't say it's the best, because I haven't done an exhaustive comparison, but I got the Ruger American bolt action .22 with a threaded barrel as host for a suppressor and have been very happy with it. It came with two interchangeable stock modules to give you the right cheek weld depending on whether or not you use a scope. It uses standard Ruger magazines. I think it's priced just over $300.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom