• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    I'm looking for some feedback as to the best combination of accuracy and cost to host a sparrow suppressor. Anyone have experience with different rifles that can offer some advice? No real preference between auto loaders of bolt action. Thanks in advance.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I have a 10/22 take down and a savage FV-sr bolt and the bolt gun seems quieter suppressed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A bolt/ other manual operated reperter/ single will inherently be quieter if that is a factor..

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Any decent bolt will be quieter than a semi. I have used a Spectre II, TM Zepher and a GM (forgot model number) with 10/22's, MP 15/22's, CZ452 varmint and a Ruger RAR. The 2 bolt guns win hands down.
    As far a accuracy goes for me, the CZ wins by a long shot. That being said, the 10/22 has a metric $hit ton of accessories for accuracy you can add later. The MP 15/22 is good choice if you like the AR platform. But for the cheapest entry, I believe the 10/22 might be it. Not sure of price on the factory threaded model. One draw back to a semi is that some subsonic ammo might not cycle it. I have found that CCI SV is damn close to quietness of purpose built sub ammo and cycles everything. For my money, the Gemtech 22 sub ammo is the best and will cycle everything. CCI quiet wont cycle any 22 I own but hands down is the quietest.
    Be advised that the .22 cans from Silencerco require a .4 inch thread depth. Some guns come with a longer thread, so you would need a spacer. The threaded MP 15/22 is .6, so a .2 inch spacer is required. The spacers a readily available.
    Do you already have the can?
    If not, whatever you get, you will be smiling like a school when you pull the trigger the first time......:party29:

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    I trying to figure this out too. I think I'll go with the Ruger American Rifle with a Sparrow can. Does the Ruger barrel come threaded?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have an M&P 15-22 MOE model I bought from Engage. MOE model Barrel is threaded.

It works.

Nothing to compare it to. It does shoot subs ok as well.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Any decent bolt will be quieter than a semi. I have used a Spectre II, TM Zepher and a GM (forgot model number) with 10/22's, MP 15/22's, CZ452 varmint and a Ruger RAR. The 2 bolt guns win hands down. As far a accuracy goes for me, the CZ wins by a long shot. That being said, the 10/22 has a metric $hit ton of accessories for accuracy you can add later. The MP 15/22 is good choice if you like the AR platform. But for the cheapest entry, I believe the 10/22 might be it. Not sure of price on the factory threaded model. One draw back to a semi is that some subsonic ammo might not cycle it. I have found that CCI SV is damn close to quietness of purpose built sub ammo and cycles everything. For my money, the Gemtech 22 sub ammo is the best and will cycle everything. CCI quiet wont cycle any 22 I own but hands down is the quietest. Be advised that the .22 cans from Silencerco require a .4 inch thread depth. Some guns come with a longer thread, so you would need a spacer. The threaded MP 15/22 is .6, so a .2 inch spacer is required. The spacers a readily available. Do you already have the can? If not, whatever you get, you will be smiling like a school when you pull the trigger the first time......:party29:

Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful to know about the thread depth requirement.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    LOL! Yes to all of the above!
    I have and shoot everything listed above with the exception of the CZ. They all work well. I like the M&P 15/22 for semi auto with the 10/22 takedown as a close second. as for the bolt guns, I like the savage over the standard Ruger American Rimfire. The Heavy barrel Ruger might change my mind though.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I'm looking for some feedback as to the best combination of accuracy and cost to host a sparrow suppressor. Anyone have experience with different rifles that can offer some advice? No real preference between auto loaders of bolt action. Thanks in advance.

CZ 455

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-455-american-suppressor-ready-22-lr-16-bbl-5-rd-mag-black-polymer/

cz-usa-cz-455-american-synthetic-suppressor-ready-500x342.png

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    I have a savage fvsr that is AWESOME suppressed. More accurate than me straight out if the box. Great trigger. My favorite auto is my sig 522. No issues to report at all. I've never really shot it for accuracy, but it does well enough.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    This is all great feedback. Unfortunately, I called the ATF today and they have no record of the suppressor under my trust even though the check was cashed in December. TARFU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom