• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03A3Hunter

Jan 9, 2023
    Olney
    Looking to build a relationship with a reliable and professional FFL in Montgomery County for facilitating firearm transfers. I've been searching the forums and have seen a lot of older posts, though nothing more recently, so wanted to revitalize the topic. Please let me know if this sub forum is not the right place to seek this information. Thanks.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    The only FFL I have used in Montgomery County MD is Engage Armaments in Rockville. They have been really good to me but since I do not have any experience working with any other FFL in MoCo, I cannot say if they are the best or not.

I hope you find an FFL and build a relationship with them. Welcome to MDS.

Cal68

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    There are only three FFLs left in Montgomery County with open shops: Engage Armaments in Rockville, Atlantic Guns in Rockville, and United Gun Shop in, yes, Rockville.

All three have differing strengths and focuses (foci). It would be to anyone's advantage to visit all three, and considering the locations, it could be accomplished over the course of a pleasant afternoon.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    I use United for my transfers. I used them for fingerprinting too. But I’m further south.

I wouldn’t hesitate using Atlantic or Engage if I was in upper county. I’ve been to both in the past 6 months and they have good people at both locations.

03A3Hunter

Jan 9, 2023
    Olney
    There are only three FFLs left in Montgomery County with open shops: Engage Armaments in Rockville, Atlantic Guns in Rockville, and United Gun Shop in, yes, Rockville.

All three have differing strengths and focuses (foci). It would be to anyone's advantage to visit all three, and considering the locations, it could be accomplished over the course of a pleasant afternoon.
    I had a great guy in Texas who didn't mind facilitating transfers from GunBroker and Buds. Do you know if they all are willing to work GunBroker purchases? I can also call them, I just notice Engage seems to be closed today. Trying to do some legwork ahead of time. Thanks.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've done GB transfers thru United. No problem. I've done in-person transfers at Engage, as well.

jeh

Sep 1, 2022
    MoCo
    I had a great guy in Texas who didn't mind facilitating transfers from GunBroker and Buds. Do you know if they all are willing to work GunBroker purchases? I can also call them, I just notice Engage seems to be closed today. Trying to do some legwork ahead of time. Thanks.
    I know for a fact that United is registered on GB. I purchased a firearm from GB and transferred it through United a couple months ago. The whole process couldn't have been easier. All was said and done in less than a week.

03A3Hunter

Jan 9, 2023
    Olney
    I know for a fact that United is registered on GB. I purchased a firearm from GB and transferred it through United a couple months ago. The whole process couldn't have been easier. All was said and done in less than a week.
    Great. Thank you. They also appear to be closed today, so I'll call them tomorrow. Appreciate all the input and feedback.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    There may only be 3 shops in moco but I’d think there are many guys doing transfers. Go on GB and put in you zip on the ffl finder.
    GL

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Engage is excellent. They will handle GB transfers if they cannot get a gun you want.

I would especially recommend them because of all the legal problems being experienced by one of the owners

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    All 3 are great and before you buy on Gunbroker see if one of the 3 can order the firearm for you. Both United and Engage have secured firearms for me that were more money on Gunbroker. My daughters first firearm purchase was at Atlantic and my son's was at engage.

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    I went into United a few weeks ago since I was working in that area. First time there. Great group of guys and great inventory especially that consignment side. Long story short, walked out with a new to me shotgun =) definitely recommend them. I just wish I lived closer to them

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I went into United a few weeks ago since I was working in that area. First time there. Great group of guys and great inventory especially that consignment side. Long story short, walked out with a new to me shotgun =) definitely recommend them. I just wish I lived closer to them
    Seems like every time I walk around to the side where the consigments are it costs me money! LOL!

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    There may only be 3 shops in moco but I’d think there are many guys doing transfers. Go on GB and put in you zip on the ffl finder.
    GL
    There is a small gun shop in Damascus who also does FFL transfers. Very positive experience. Its name is AM Shooting -- https://www.amshooting.com/
    Address: 26121 Ridge Road, Damascus MD 20872
    Phone: (240) 366-5628

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Seems like every time I walk around to the side where the consigments are it costs me money! LOL!
    Find comfort in the fact that while your money is worth less and less, your firearms are holding their value in real terms.

Also, guns are more fun than invisible funds in someone's banking system.

Even more fun than potential funds backed by a credit card. United snagged me with a brand-new Python, when everyone who knows me (a null set) knows I never buy new guns.

Well, hardly ever. (And I'm hardly ever sick at sea.)

BetaS

Dec 12, 2022
    Rockville
    I'm in the process of completing a purchase from GunBroker through Optimal Zero in Rockville. I'm still waiting until the MSP says I can pickup, but so far the transaction has gone smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom