• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Im currently building a 7.5” 300blkout backpack pistol and was going to get a pdw brace. However after a few videos it seems the folding adapter will make it more compact. I’m trying to figure which is the best for the $. I know Law started the revolution but I’ve seen Sylvan has their gen4 almost 100$ cheaper with a code. I’m thinking of going that route, thoughts about Sylvan Arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Im currently building a 7.5” 300blkout backpack pistol and was going to get a pdw brace. However after a few videos it seems the folding adapter will make it more compact. I’m trying to figure which is the best for the $. I know Law started the revolution but I’ve seen Sylvan has their gen4 almost 100$ cheaper with a code. I’m thinking of going that route, thoughts about Sylvan Arms?

Listen to me! Two words, Integrated folding lower receiver.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Listen to me! Two words, Integrated folding lower receiver.

That’s 4 words bro lol. I already have 3 lowers in my possession I’m trying to build on & this is the only one I’m making this small. Plus 250 for a lower? I think I’d rather put that towards like a sharp bros that’s will make it look more unique.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Damn, beat me to it. :D

giphy.gif

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is not the one I have...

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    There really isn't a substitute for the LAW folder if you have a buffer tube, the SA isn't anywhere near as reliable or robust, and leaves a couple inches of adapter sticking out. The do end up really wide with the brace/stock folded, and is a LOT more bulky overall than a PDW stock. The LAW is a little under 2" extended, the shortest Maxim stock/brace only adds 4", works but has a proprietary buffer and BCG. I have a knock off law on my AR22, and the Maxim PDW on my 6" 300BO, even handling legit LAW folders 100% the Maxim is better in most ways. The SCW(smallest at 4") is pricey at $550, but ends up being kinda reasonable as it includes buffer/tube/stock/BCG. The LAW at $275 + the other parts isn't far off depending on what you choose.

This is the my 5.5" CQB stock and a knockoff LAW on SBRs

Attachments

• 20240321_123806.jpg
      20240321_123806.jpg
      322.3 KB · Views: 28
    • 20240321_123908.jpg
      20240321_123908.jpg
      188.7 KB · Views: 24

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Just throwing that out there in my best Biden impersonation. I do really like mine it keeps the OAL length shorter, but I get it. You already have a lower. I guess I'd go the LAW route too.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just throwing that out there in my best Biden impersonation. I do really like mine it keeps the OAL length shorter, but I get it. You already have a lower. I guess I'd go the LAW route too.
    LAW type folders are actually great for adding length, especially when it comes to SBRs in Md.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    There really isn't a substitute for the LAW folder if you have a buffer tube, the SA isn't anywhere near as reliable or robust, and leaves a couple inches of adapter sticking out. The do end up really wide with the brace/stock folded, and is a LOT more bulky overall than a PDW stock. The LAW is a little under 2" extended, the shortest Maxim stock/brace only adds 4", works but has a proprietary buffer and BCG. I have a knock off law on my AR22, and the Maxim PDW on my 6" 300BO, even handling legit LAW folders 100% the Maxim is better in most ways. The SCW(smallest at 4") is pricey at $550, but ends up being kinda reasonable as it includes buffer/tube/stock/BCG. The LAW at $275 + the other parts isn't far off depending on what you choose.

This is the my 5.5" CQB stock and a knockoff LAW on SBRs

I like, I’m kinda glad I went with an additional 2.5” on the barrel. I need to figure how long the LOP is even I get the adapter

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you go with a folder, do you have to have the muzzle device pinned and welded, or is that only for rifles?
    No. LAW type folders do not count as a "folding stock" because you can't fire the gun semi-automatically when it is in the folded position(folding stocks are only evil on semi-auto guns). It is only a storage device.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    No. LAW type folders do not count as a "folding stock" because you can't fire the gun semi-automatically when it is in the folded position(folding stocks are only evil on semi-auto guns). It is only a storage device.

I’d prob pin and weld my muzzle device for my can just to get those extra inches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom