• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbbieshelt

Jun 26, 2009
    Simple Pleasures Farm
    I'm looking for a Glock 17 or 34 slide for a build. I am having a hard time finding them used. Where should I look, I'm keeping an eye on gun broker and Enos classifieds. on Enos they don't last long. The one posted this weekend lasted less than an hour.

If anyone has one for sale or has any ideas on other sites to search it would be a great help.

Thanks,
    Steve

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    There are probably 100s on ebay.

Yep I've seen a bunch on there, and for the price they are wanting you'd be better off buying a whole gun, with the exception of the ******** paperwork from the state. Definately buy a whole gun if you live in a 4473 only state.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Yep I've seen a bunch on there, and for the price they are wanting you'd be better off buying a whole gun, with the exception of the ******** paperwork from the state. Definately buy a whole gun if you live in a 4473 only state.

No kidding! Way over the top on price.

I think the price is so high due to all the people finishing out 80% frames.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    No kidding! Way over the top on price.

I think the price is so high due to all the people finishing out 80% frames.

Yep, that kinda what I was thinking also. I was looking for a 21 slide for my 20 and I'll pass and just buy the whole thing come spring.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Came here to post this. I built out one of the 80% Glock frames but abandon getting a slide for it. For what a slide costs I can just buy a factory Glock for a small amount more.

I actually think you could make money buying Glocks and selling the frames/slides separately.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Start with complete Glock, sell slide for price paid for complete gun, then use lower with Mechtech carbine upper, win-win .

But its just supply and demand. People want slides , there is no reservoir of orphan used slides in circulation. Kind of like trying to buy a rust free bed for a 15yo pickup, it will cost substantial portion of the cost of a complete truck.

But if the market stays this way, the vacuum will be at least partially filled. Just like their's a whole sub-industry making 1911 components, either Lone Wolf will increase production and make pricing competitive, or someone else will.

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    Came here to post this. I built out one of the 80% Glock frames but abandon getting a slide for it. For what a slide costs I can just buy a factory Glock for a small amount more.

I actually think you could make money buying Glocks and selling the frames/slides separately.

As with many things, you absolutely can make more by selling the parts separately.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes, but .

So far the Glock slide marketplace has been specializing in tricked out and modified slides. Their pricing is competing with shop rates for a gunsmith to do extensive maching upon OE slides. Basic stock-ish slides at basic price point is still a vacuum.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Happening on northeast shooters everyday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom