• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    I bought a stripped 1911 series 80 slide that was cut for a LPA and just fitted the Kensight.
    Now I need a good source for the rest of the parts. I have been surfing the web and can seem to hit a site with everything I need in one place.
    Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    You may consider buying a name extractor and firing pin stop. Less expensive stops tend to crack between the firing pin hole and the ejector cut. A less than quality extractor will fatigue faster than a lesser quality extractor. Firing pin costs are comparable...again with quality manufacturers. I shop Midway, EGW or Brownells. Some other sights offer same brands. cdnnsports.com offers some lesser brands and occasionally you'll get firearm manufacturer brand parts listed. It depends on who was liquidating the parts when CDNN acquired them.

Edit: cdnnsports.com has Remington extractors now for $13/blued. No Remington stainless extractor was listed but an OEM one was...looked awful grainy, I would advise against that one.

Last edited:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Thunder mountain custom rifles. He also supplies a lot of 1911 parts and they have their own tool steel parts.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Keep them coming
    I think the key is for me to sit down in front of my PC and go shopping. I want to do a one stop shop and get all the bits I need from one place.
    Surfing the web on my mobile is getting on nerves. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom