• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Is saw a post on FB from a gun shop with what I felt was the best response yet to the debate on whether or not to get one. We've all hears the explanations of who wins if you get one and who wins if you don't Here was their point.

Don't get your HQL and they win. You don't get to purchase any more handguns.

Get your HQL and they win. However, you get to buy all the handguns you want!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Is saw a post on FB from a gun shop with what I felt was the best response yet to the debate on whether or not to get one. We've all hears the explanations of who wins if you get one and who wins if you don't Here was their point.

Exactly. This is a classic Catch-22. The only solution is to follow your own conscience.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Exactly. This is a classic Catch-22. The only solution is to follow your own conscience.

^^THAT is the best response to the HQL debate.....

OP; of course a gun shop would say otherwise. No surprise there.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A well respected attorney, affiliated with MSI said at the last annual meeting that it doesn't help or hurt us if people get the HQL or not. His advice, if you want a handgun, you have to get the HQL.

I'm still hopeful parts of sb281 will be repealed or over turned in time.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Always remember..."their" goal is to eliminate civilian gun ownership.

The point of the HQL is not to keep anyone safe, or make sure you're "qualified" to own a gun. It's to put another hurdle between you and your 2A rights, to try to discourage you from exercising them.

Every time a prospective new gun owner walks into a gun shop, hears about the HQL, and says, "f**k that, it's not worth it", "they" win. It's one less person who joins the "other side", one less person who has a vested interest in standing up for 2A rights, and one more person who becomes accustomed to (and spreads) the disarmed "non-citizen subject" mentality in Maryland.

They don't "win" if you get your HQL. In fact, now not only do they have another armed citizen on their hands, but they have someone who has gone through an AWFUL lot to reach that point, and someone who will fight even harder for his rights as a result.
    Spot on ^^^

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I understand why people don't want to get their HQL. You have to get fingerprinted, spend 100 bucks or so, assuming you are exempt from the training, and wait a week, to buy a handgun, and wait a week like you did before. there is no upside to your hql, except that you get to keep buying handguns.

The goal of the HQL is to stop people from LEGALLY buying handguns. it keeps the curious would be 1st time gun buyer from buying because it is too much work. it huts FFLs, it increases the incentive to steal guns, and to buy/sell them illegally on the "black market".

is it an infringement on our rights as American's? hell yes it is. and that is its goal. it is trying to put as much as an infringement on our rights as the bill writers figured they could get away with.

now if we didn't have to go through with the 7 day wait on a handgun with an HQL.... it would be a lot less awful

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    I won't get an HQL, it just rubs me the wrong way. My solution....I am moving out of MD this month. Not just for this reason of course but it was indeed a factor in our decision to leave MD.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick

I'd expect nothing less of a statement from a gunshop.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    C&R does not require HQL.

And while c&r handguns might not be pretty, they DO offer a more affordable way for a 1st buyer to "ease" into ownership than jumping through the HQL hoop - 77r only.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    C&R does not require HQL.

And while c&r handguns might not be pretty, they DO offer a more affordable way for a 1st buyer to "ease" into ownership than jumping through the HQL hoop - 77r only.

That's why I don't have an HQL....but I have lots of guns..:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom