• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squad40

$240 worth of pudding
    Mar 28, 2009
    Took me far too long to come to this conclusion. Pretty much from now on it's either 9mm or .45 for me. There is no in-between.

Yep.

I own 9mm and .45. I don't see any reason to get a .40.

If a baddy comes in my house and can take two 19 round mags of golden sabers I have, I'll help them load up whatever they want.

This is all hypothetical though, as I store my weapons on a hot air balloon, which crashed into the sea during a storm. :sad53:

fisunshine

Feb 17, 2010
    one of the questions that hasn't been ask or really answered is why do you want the gun. ARe you looking for personal protection, competition or to just own one. I have shot the 226 in 9mm and is an awsome gun, feels great in the hand. I carry a 229 in 357 sig and it is a caddy but weighs a ton for personal protection. you said you wanted to get a 40 and 357 sig barrel, why. the 357 sig is such and exotic round that you probably won't find much of and when you do it will be really really expensive.

IMO i would get a 226 in 9 or 40. will be a little tuff to conceal but if you arn't worried out that it is your best bet, get a double single action. the reset on the double action only has a really long reset and is a little troublesome for fast accurate shooting

rstickle

Jul 12, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Might depend on what you want to do with it.

I started with a basic 226, then went for a 239 for those times I'm in a place where I can carry.

Just be warned, SIGs are like potato chips, you can't have just one! I now have 4 pistols and a 556.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Sig .22 two step, sig it out in .22LR and then slap on the slide of your choice. Best deal in town right now

:thumbsup:

Get a sig 220, 226 or 229 with a 22 kit by buying the pistol and x-change kit for about the same price as the plain jane pistol without a 22 kit. You basically get a free 22 conversion kit with the purchase of the gun, great for a lot of cheap practice with the 22 slide and you can swap on the 9/357/40/45 kit in seconds for defense, or full power practice. One hell of a deal, of course the secret is out, and the x-change kits are just about all on backorder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom