• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    I’m considering selling my CSA 7.62 VZ58 rifle and I’m trying to determine the best way to sell the magazines. I haven’t counted them all up yet but I estimate to have twenty or more 30 rd magazines. I can block them to make them Maryland legal but I wasn’t sure if it was better to try to include them with the rifle as a package or sell them separately. 2/3 are standard gray milsurp but the rest are Czech Small Arms with US followers and plates.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    If you want the most money, sell on Gunbroker as a package. Set your beginning price as the rock bottom price you would take and see if it sells. GB is odd. Stuff I thought would be an easy sell sat, and stuff I didn't think anyone would want sold quickly so don't try to predict what will happen.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Gun Broker keeps 6% of the first $250 of the sale. The balance GB keeps 3.5% of the sale. If you sold something for $750. GB would keep 6% of $250 then 3.5% of $500. I have an account with GB.

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    Negotiate separately, then both of you drive just over the border (PA or VA) and exchange there?

BTW, how much are you thinking for the rifle itself, sans mags?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    At the risk of being smacked with a MD BGOS take-down, a reminder that technically just sitting in Maryland and getting online to list those mags is a violation of the state's law on the matter.

Depending on who does the thinking on the subject, being able to demonstrate that you were physically out of state while offering for sale those items, you've got some legal defense fodder on the very slim chance and MD authority actually does GAF. But "offering for sale" is right up there with "transferring" as naughty, so be thoughtful.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    At the risk of being smacked with a MD BGOS take-down, a reminder that technically just sitting in Maryland and getting online to list those mags is a violation of the state's law on the matter.

Depending on who does the thinking on the subject, being able to demonstrate that you were physically out of state while offering for sale those items, you've got some legal defense fodder on the very slim chance and MD authority actually does GAF. But "offering for sale" is right up there with "transferring" as naughty, so be thoughtful.

I didn’t even think about it that way you’re probably right. As luck would have it we’re actually on vacation in Fenwick, DE so I guess I’m technically legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom